Re: Game Lagging/Time Freeze

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: 'Time stop'/Sims AI stopping

Hero
@hannahlquise The patch was for the audio crashes. Seems the bloating had nothing to do with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 719 (1,026 Views)

Re: 'Time stop'/Sims AI stopping

★★★ Apprentice

Still happening with me. If anything it seems worse than it was before the update yesterday. Time constantly freezing, can't quit when it happens, can't switch between sims. Basically unplayable at this point.

Message 72 of 719 (1,133 Views)

new update same bugs

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? todays patch 18/11/2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except journey to batuu, my first pet stuff and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim use the science object to transform objects; then try to sell said items in build/buy mode, then either try to resume playing the game or try to save the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims continue moving even when the game is paused; my sim that was transforming objects stopped moving completely. The controls ` 123 for speed stop working on the keyboard but I can use them on the game itself by clicking it with the mouse. Selling items result in it not selling for anything and the items reappearing in game as though you did nothing. Saving the game results in the game crashing without warning. Unable to switch between sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to transform objects without issue, to be able to sell objects and have the simoleons for said objects, be able to save without the game crashing, have sims actually pause when the game is paused; and have the controls work on my keyboard for the game rather than clicking on pause. Also to be able to switch which sim I want without being stuck on one sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just tried the "new update" and it didn't fix anything for me. In fact it seems to have made matters worse, now I cannot play my game at all, the loading is terribly long as well, whereas before I wouldn't have to wait to enter the game at all, now I get a loading time of 2 mins before the main menu and 2 mins or so of loading after the main menu and 2 mins or so loading to get into the household I wanted to play. Attached is an error I received the first time I loaded the game with the mod MCCC usually new updates disable mods, this one didn't and the photo attached is the result of what happened to my game when I tried to launch it with the mod.

Message 73 of 719 (1,140 Views)

@cvarnadoe 

Thanks Standard smile Would you mind uploading your save to a file sharing site like Google Drive and PM me the link so I can test in my game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 74 of 719 (1,022 Views)

Re: new update same bugs

★ Guide
@freakyteen21 The not pausing thing might be because you have a lot of action still buffered after being produced by the game but your computer hasn't finished displaying it.
Message 75 of 719 (1,135 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 76 of 719 (1,019 Views)

@cvarnadoe

Thanks I have it. Looking at the saves, I see two very large backup saves with one being >70Mb. If you move out the backups to a folder on your desktop how is the main save in the game? The backups are the ones ending in ver0 etc. The main save is the one ending in just .save.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 77 of 719 (1,014 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I just moved them to the desktop and will try to run the game again.
Message 78 of 719 (1,013 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. They closed previous topic saying that it was resolved in latest update but for me the issue persisted. 

Reinstalled the game, fixed it in Origin several times, deleted everything from Mods, deleted old saves. Still the same. Anyone has any other resolution?

Message 79 of 719 (1,010 Views)

@evayu2

What problem do you have? The closed topic is for the crashing issue, not this freezing and game bloat issue. If you are having the freezing and save file bloating issue please could you also upload your saves folder and PM me the link?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 80 of 719 (1,008 Views)