Re: Game time stops

by yollyply

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Simon, 

can you have alook at the size of the savegame file? 
Im just wondering if you have the same kind of issue, but just with a different trigger. 

Message 51 of 719 (1,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the exact same bugs as sjr159 since Friday when Sims4 got updated and I installed Snowy Escape. Loadingscreen is way to long, my time freezes 1 to 3 min ingame and i cant click anything ingame expect the menu in the upper right conor. There is still background moving (trees,snow,etc) and background sound but my Sim is stuck in action.                                              

Since today I also dont have no sound nomore. Saving the game is also not possible. I had to close it with Task Manager and saw that Sims is using 14GB out of my 16GB RAM (while trying to safe the game) which is absolutely not normal.                                                           

I dont think that my Pc/Software is the cause of this because everything is pretty new and updated. I dont have and never had mods.

When will this be fixed? 

Message 52 of 719 (998 Views)

Re: Gamebreaking Bug - Sleeping Beauty - Sims sleep and never wake up.

★★★★ Novice

I started a new save game cause i saw that it has helped someone else. I could create a sim without a problem but once in game mode the sims 4 just stopped. playing screen gone as if you clicked on 'x'. i had no chance of saving my game

Message 53 of 719 (993 Views)

Re: Sims 4 doenst respond to keyboad/mouse commands after update 10-11-2020

★★★ Newbie

I have the exactly same issue

Message 54 of 719 (990 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Completely frozen. Keyboard and mouse are not working. Cannot alt f4. Nothing happens

Message 55 of 719 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@maddogtob it seems to be 19 mb, I am not sure how it works, I have the .save file and five more with the same name plus .ver0 .ver1 etc. each of them is around 19mb
Message 56 of 719 (986 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had this too and the solution was to wait some minutes until the game was done with whatever. After that it continued smoothly.

Message 57 of 719 (973 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 Doesnt work. The Sim sleeps, the time animation runs, but everything else just "freezes". So the sim never reaches a point where its done sleeping. No controls, nothing. Left it running for a while. Nothing. It just produces countless savegame files that are 10 times the usual size.

I can reproduce it everytime.
Message 58 of 719 (968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@alanmichael1  In my case, with the previous patch I've been waiting for an hour or so whenever that happened and the game stayed at the same position.

But with 1.68 there's even no chance to wait for that long since the game shuts itself down immediately.

Message 59 of 719 (959 Views)

★ Apprentice
@sjr159 yes me to, I kept saving right up to when it froze, and played those last few hours and it freezes as soon as they get up out of bed, I finally realized it started when I put in the shoe plaque and shoes rack, I sold them and I was able to play normally again. I'll play more tomorrow to see if I have any more problems. but all the above is what was happening in my game.
Message 60 of 719 (924 Views)