by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game time stops/ Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? With 1.67.45.1020 update it was happening 5-6 hours after playing. But with 1.68.154.1020 it is happening every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a min or maybe for an hour and it will show itself.
What happens when the bug occurs? With 1.67.45.1020 the game was stopping, you are not able to click on anything, sims were just standing without doing anything, the game wasn't crashing however you were forced to shut it down via task manager. But with 1.68.154.1020 it got more severe and now the game is crashing.
What do you expect to see? I actually want to play this game with no optimization issues, framerate drops, freezing etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I'm using some reliable hair CC but it is not too much. With or without CC, I'm still encountering with this issue anyway.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, it started to show itself since 1.67.45.1020 and issues got even worse with the newest update 1.68.154.1020
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch on November 10 2020

Message 31 of 719 (1,526 Views)

Hero
@jasonbrok47 How big is your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 719 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict 

My "saves folder" is 380 mb in total, but files are individually around 4-5 KB (The last save is approximately 28 MB)

Message 33 of 719 (1,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yep, I'm in the same boat just now, having only installed the game 2-3 days ago in the last day of the Steam sale.   It had seemed to run fine up until I played around 20 hours ago - when the crashes first started for me (despite no other changes).

I've tried various fixes, but noticed my only saved game family I've 'played' now has a save file of around 140mb.  I may yet try with a 'new' household and see whether I encounter similar issues though.

However, in addition to each of the title issues for this thread, I noticed when the freeze kicked in for me, I exited out to Task Manager during the moment and spotted that my RAM use for Sims 4 was soaring second by second.  I've 32gb RAM, and it ends up being filled in a short time once the game freeze starts, so there's definitely some kind of memory leak issue involved (for me at least). 

Message 34 of 719 (1,487 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★★★★ Newbie
@sjr159 oh God, at last someone with my same exact problem
Message 35 of 719 (1,438 Views)

Crashing, slow load times, delayed interactions....

★★★ Newbie

Beyond frustrated right now.

I've repaired the game. Turned off the sound. Moved old folder so new sims folder repopulates and then added save files back... NOTHING IS WORKING.

No cc. I'm on a gaming PC and I have plenty of RAM. 

This started yesterday after extensive playing. 

Message 36 of 719 (1,425 Views)

Re: Crashing, slow load times, delayed interactions....

★ Novice

Is your game loading in very very slow, and then when you do go in, time won't progress/can't do anything? I've been searching around to see if this problem is due to the patch/the game in general, or if it was my game. 

Message 37 of 719 (1,419 Views)

Re: Crashing, slow load times, delayed interactions....

Hero
@kpeppler Merged your game with the master on this.

How big is your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 719 (1,411 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims Freezing/not moving/Time goes on

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem on PS4. I'm using strangerville and Salavadorado packs only. It is not a heating issue or a mod issue. 

Message 39 of 719 (1,410 Views)

★ Novice

I had this exact same problem! I saved my households/lots (this took upwards of 2 hours between crashes and freezes) and started a new game. Now it runs perfectly fine for me. I'm not sure if this is a permanent solution and it's very time consuming to accomplish but...

Message 40 of 719 (1,409 Views)