[ARCHIVE] Gallery notification list not showing

by SilverWolf0130

Original Post

Re: Unable to see news and gallery notifications.

★★★★★ Novice

@simvasion This has been happening to me too! Thank You! I'm off to try the solution.

Message 111 of 134 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, unfortunately deleting the notify.glob file did not work. Frown 

Message 112 of 134 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Timocchio1969 Another bandaid you can try is to choose 'clear all' on your notifications.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 113 of 134 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Hi, Before I deleted the notify.glob I chose "Delete All" from the Notification Wall in Live Mode. Is that what you mean?
Message 114 of 134 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Timocchio1969 Yes... In an open game save go to 'Notification Wall' > 'Delete all' (by hovering over the trash can icon). Hope this helps you get your notifications correctly while you're in a current gaming session.
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.02.21 PM.png

Also, please make sure you have these two notifications settings enabled in your game options:

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.17.48 PM.png

Message 115 of 134 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Thank you very much. Standard smile What you mentioned was already done but I never have notifications enabled while in game or online features enabled. If the they are enabled, won't that be intrusive while playing?
Message 116 of 134 (888 Views)

Champion

@Timocchio1969 They just pop up temporarily in the upper right corner of the screen. I haven't found the to be intrusive, but you can give it a try and see what you think. 

Message 117 of 134 (885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Evidently, this has been a major problem for a long time. What is going to happen when we have to use the EA launcher instead of Origin? A friend can't view anyone's catalogue but gets notices. I keep being knocked offline. It's frustrating. I know of several people who have given up playing all EA games just because of this issue! Please get in a good gaming hacker to fix the problem.

Message 118 of 134 (681 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

★ Apprentice

this is still happening to me

Message 119 of 134 (612 Views)

Notification wall not showing

★ Apprentice

my notifications are not showing and i am getting a blank box where they are supposed to be. I have taken out mods, I have fixed the game, deleted the notify glob file from the sims 4 folder, also cleared the caches and still it looks like this.  Any way I can fix this issue? This all started when I downloaded the EA app when it came out of beta.  I am connected to the internet so no connection isnt the issue

Message 120 of 134 (627 Views)