Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

by Kittybass

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Gallery News not showing

Hero
@SlightlyVillain Merged your post with master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 134 (2,618 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick : Just got hit with this bug moments ago after not having problems with it. The Spoiler Box contains the contents of the related lastUIException file.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>c7221ac77f45f5195e497388</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-02-16 16:57:33</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1020-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core::OlympusObject</categoryid><desyncid>c7221ac77f45f5195e497388</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at OlympusObject instance constructor()&#13;&#10; at FeedData instance constructor()&#13;&#10; at gamedata.Exchange::FeedDataFeed/GetOfflineFeedList()&#13;&#10; at gamedata.Exchange::FeedDataFeed/HandleFeedRequestResponse()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()&#13;&#10;rtim=19917</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Message 52 of 134 (2,599 Views)

★★★★ Guide

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I started a new game and it fixed the issue - I was getting my notices.  However, sad to report that after about a week, the problem started again.  And, once again, I'm getting the Last Exception notices.   Don't know if it makes any difference, but the only thing I was doing in the new game was building a house - one house.  No play time with the Sims at all in this game.

Message 53 of 134 (2,543 Views)

★★ Guide

It started for me right after I shared a sim to the Gallery. I didn't have the issue prior to that.

Message 54 of 134 (2,503 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Does anyone have any fix or thoughts on this yet? It's been weeks. I feel horrible not being able to see who did what or responded to what, without having to go through hundreds of uploads.Quite the hassle.  

Message 55 of 134 (2,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Sorry, no fix yet. Since you're on the post now you will get a notification of a solution when it's fixed in a patch. 🤞🏻

@taoron24121 
Edit: I misspoke above. There's nothing you can do about it as it's an issue on EA's side and they need to fix it. Subscribing to this thread will give you an email if there's any update. Thank you for your patience.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 56 of 134 (2,463 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I was hoping it would have happened in the last Gallery maintenance. No such luck. =(
Message 57 of 134 (2,407 Views)

Champion

I managed to fix this by deleting "notify.glob" from Documents>The Sims 4.

At some point it must have been corrupted, but letting the game regenerate a new one restored the notification list.

Message 58 of 134 (23,133 Views)

Champion

@simvasion Yay, my hero!! ⭐⭐⭐ I just tried your workaround and as soon as I opened my game my notifications were all there! ⭐⭐⭐

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 59 of 134 (2,375 Views)

★★ Guide

@simvasionThank you! Got my notifications back!

Message 60 of 134 (2,369 Views)