The News is Missing

by Shakerella

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, the notifications flash on my screen and then vanish. I always loved seeing who downloaded my lots and sims but now I can't. It did start happening after the January 16th patch. I really hope this is brought to the developer's attention and fixes it.

Message 41 of 134 (1,146 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick yes, every time, like SassiLassi described.
Message 42 of 134 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am also having this issue. When I load in the game it will have notifications, but the news will be blank. The only items that show up are if someone uploads something while I am actively playing, but the older notices never show.

Message 43 of 134 (1,113 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. I used the game repair tool and also started a new game, neither step has resolved the problem. I'm happy to provide more information if anyone needs it.

Message 44 of 134 (1,075 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same issue. I have also tried the repair option on origin. It did not fix the problem for me. 

Message 45 of 134 (1,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick wrote:

Is everyone who's seeing this getting a LastUIException (generated in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), like @SassiLassi mentioned? Thanks for the help!

Happened just now and has happened sporadically.  Game had been repaired and caches deleted before going into game.

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>77512b3be5d297305e41f7f5</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-02-11 00:42:55</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1020-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core::OlympusObject</categoryid><desyncid>77512b3be5d297305e41f7f5</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at OlympusObject instance constructor()&#13;&#10; at FeedData instance constructor()&#13;&#10; at gamedata.Exchange::FeedDataFeed/GetOfflineFeedList()&#13;&#10; at gamedata.Exchange::FeedDataFeed/HandleFeedRequestResponse()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()&#13;&#10;rtim=14019</desyncdata></report>
</root>

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
All packs installed and patches are current.
Game Version 1.61.15.1020 Patch 04Feb20
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 46 of 134 (1,015 Views)

★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen
Yes, I have been getting the same LastUIException.

I also repaired again and deleted caches but it still happens.
Message 47 of 134 (995 Views)
Highlighted

The News is Missing

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Tiny Living, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be online. Load Sims 4. Click Load Game. Choose a save to load and click it. Click to Open the Gallery (F4). Click News Tab. News in the right hand column is blank.
What happens when the bug occurs? News shows for a millisecond. So brief that you know it is there. But it isn't.
What do you expect to see? News. Recent maxis faves, news of downloads, etc
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been going on for awhile now, so I cannot say which patch it happened after.

Message 48 of 134 (952 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m on PS4 and since we’ve gotten gallery I’ve never seen a news tab. I was searching about this yesterday but there’s no info about console having this feature. Am I missing something or how are we supposed to be notified of comments, downloads, trending, new posts from people we follow etc? 

Message 49 of 134 (923 Views)

Sims 4 Gallery News not showing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of Them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, it just shows on mine, and I haven't seen people talk about it yet
What happens when the bug occurs? The Gallery News section doesn't appear, whilst everything else does.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sims or houses that people I follow have uploaded
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was sometime around the multi-platform update that this started to happen.

I'm connected to the internet and the actual gallery shows up, it's only the 'News' section that doesn't

Message 50 of 134 (883 Views)