Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVE] Gallery notification list not showing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the gallery and look at the notification box.
What happens when the bug occurs? The notification box/list on the right side of the gallery loads for a second but then everything disappears and it's just empty.
What do you expect to see? The gallery notifications.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe the last patch on 1/16 caused this to start happening, but I'm not 100% sure.

The notifications in the notifcation box or whatever it's called on the gallery news page don't show up for me anymore. I can see the notifications for a split second after opening the gallery for the first time after opening the game but after that it continues to stay blank.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 134 (23,905 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

Hero

Archiving this thread as with the newest patch, the notifications were disabled until further notice.

Once notifications go back up and there's still an issue, a new thread will be required.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 134 of 134 (2,993 Views)

All Replies

Re: Gallery notification list not showing

Hero
@SilverWolf0130 Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Mine shows fine. Are you still having issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 134 (23,821 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Sorry, I wasn't 100% sure where this should go. Thank you for moving it!

I am still having the same problem though.
Message 3 of 134 (23,800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Im having the exact same issue! So sad! 

Message 4 of 134 (23,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SilverWolf0130 'MeToo'! I was testing this yesterday and this is what I found... 
I noticed this after the patch a few days ago Jan. 16 patch.
I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & am fully up to date:

without.jpg
Notes:
I got off then back on my game. When I clicked the 'news' tab for less than a second I saw a long wall of notices like I normally would... then it cleared as it fully loaded. Then as I had the tab open I saw a notice that roseymow favorited something come up - and more slowly add to it. If I go to other tabs and back the noticed it was still there. But if I went into my lot that I'm building in and re-opened the gallery from in there the notice wall was blank again. And then I saw a new notice that roseymow has favorited something here pop up as I watched. (screenshot below)

I used the Origin reset tool for Mac. That made no difference.

When I was checking the news tab I was sometimes in the lot and sometimes in the world view. The 'news tab' notices seem to get cleared when going from viewing in worldview to viewing from within the lot – and vice versa.
with.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 134 (23,765 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR This is definitely a very weird issue as some seem to have it and some don't, and it seems it's even a bit different for some that have it. Mine stay gone completely for the time I'm playing after that split second of seeing them.

Since I haven't had any notifications stay there I'm unsure if my problem also does the thing with the lot and worldview. I actually haven't used the gallery too much so I've mostly been opening it while in the main menu just to clear the little number by it since all of the new notifications I've gotten since this issue started aren't being saved as being seen so every time I reopen the game it tells me I have a certain number of "new" notifications.
Message 6 of 134 (23,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SilverWolf0130 @tarannyl @Annabelli_22  Yup. Did you try seeing if you stay in worldview or in the lot long enough for new notices to come if those show for you in the news tab? That was the part that confused me the most, as when I would see the new notices populate I'd think, 'Hey, it was a glitch and worked itself out', then I'd check again after leaving to or from worldview or the lot and see the blank notices reset again. (If you follow roseymow she 'likes/faves' a lot and you may see notices populate sooner then.) Thinking

Edit: Please reference comment #5.
If you see this in your game please click 'Me Too' on the first post.

Message 7 of 134 (23,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGRI followed roseymow to test that out and I did eventually get some new notifications come up and stay there as long as that window stayed up. Even flipping between the tabs didn't make them go away. But then as soon as I closed the window and immediately reopened it those notifications were gone. That was all just done while in the main menu.

It's weird. Just something is keeping the notifications from staying loaded in/reloaded unless you're on the page when they first get sent to you. And it's only happening to some so it's even weirder. I really hope there will be a fix soon.

Message 8 of 134 (23,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SilverWolf0130 Thank you for testing that, as this information is helpful for confirming and testing what's going on - to have us confirm what can be reproduced. And thank you for letting us know. And yes, it is very odd indeed! I'm looking forward to the input of others to see if we can figure out what's going on - or confirm if it's a bug. 

Message 9 of 134 (23,662 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is exactly whats happening to me. I hope it gets resolved soon!

Message 10 of 134 (23,618 Views)