Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

by troshalom

Original Post

Re: Last Exception

Champion

@2citiman2 The bug has not been fixed yet, but there is a post marked on the first page that's a workaround plus there is an alternative workaroundSubscribing to this thread will give you an email if there's any update - and when the status of the report changes to saying [FIXED] in the title rather than [CURRENT ISSUE] as it says now. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 101 of 134 (892 Views)

Re: Last Exception

★ Novice

Thank you for your response 🙂

Message 102 of 134 (871 Views)

I have no news feed

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all except the Throwback Fit Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have no news feed. It is just blank.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see my news feed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For awhile I had news feed and some notifications. But then they would disappear when I went back. Now there is no news feed at all. just a blank space. I don't even get notifications when someone favorites something or uploads something. This has been going on for a long time time now, over a month. I had a computer tech look at my computer yesterday and he said it was a problem coming from Origin and not my PC. I repaired the game twice and uninstalled and reinstalled and neither worked. I also removed the "notify.glob" in documents and it didn't work for me.

Message 103 of 134 (831 Views)

Re: I have no news feed

Hero
@haswh Did you also try delete all cache files ?

https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

I merged your post with the existing thread even though the workaround didn't work for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 134 (804 Views)

Re: I have no news feed

★★★ Novice
@crinrict yes I had done that before I posted here. I read the other post in the thread and deleted then notification wall and that worked.
Message 105 of 134 (749 Views)

Re: Library/Gallery Interface

★ Novice

I also have a similar issue. I'm connected and can access the gallery but have nothing in my news feed, not even Maxis saves. It started before the lasts update.

Message 106 of 134 (721 Views)

Re: Library/Gallery Interface

Hero
@xX5TAC3YXx I moved your post over to a more current thread.

Try the workarounds suggested here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 134 (709 Views)

Re: Gallery notification list not showing

★★★ Newbie
@SilverWolf0130 YES! I have the same problem have you found a solution?
Message 108 of 134 (665 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

★★★ Guide

No Mods in my mod folder, running game vanilla got a UI last exception. On Deaderpool discord they said it was this so I am Metooing

Message 109 of 134 (567 Views)

Library news bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Library, news page, top right corner
What happens when the bug occurs? News from people you follow, when you add something to the gallery or comments are gone. When I open the game it shows up for almost a second then it’s gone. I tried to update and fix the game. It started yesterday. It’s just blank. See the picture.
What do you expect to see? Neews from friends/people you follow when they upload builds or sims etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See the picture for what I mean 

Message 110 of 134 (557 Views)