Re: Sim Gallery Not Sorting Popular Now Tab Correctly

by Ellieville

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery not Sorting Properly

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It's been 4 months now with no Response from EA team or a fix.  

Message 31 of 77 (1,234 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Thank you for merging my complaint with other similar complaints. However, this now presents a bigger problem. Are we saying it's now been more 3 months since someone asked for an acknowledgement of this problem/ a fix within the gallery and nothing has been done? I'm unfamiliar with the typical response times for action/fixes within this game. Is this normal? 

Message 32 of 77 (1,217 Views)

★★ Guide
@Ellieville I feel your pain. They just swat you with the moderator flyswatter and pretend you don't exist. That's how it feels for the last few months. I let them know on twitter too, but we have no response from anyone at EA.
Message 33 of 77 (1,201 Views)

Hero
@Ellieville The time something gets fixed varies greatly but usually EA doesn't give info on when something will be addressed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 77 (1,179 Views)

Gallery sort by "popular now" is glitched

★★★★★ Apprentice

For a couple of months I've had an issue that when I sort the gallery by "popular now" no lots, rooms or households with more than 99 DLs shows up. So everything I get is under 99 DLs. It doesn't matter the day or time the glitch is consistent for me.  I asked two other simmers to try sorting the gallery by "popular now" and one had the glitch and the other didn't.  I play a vanilla game (no mods or cc) and have repaired my game.  Not sure why this is happening suddenly in the last several months.

Message 35 of 77 (1,105 Views)

Re: Gallery sort by "popular now" is glitched

Hero
@lsnishi Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 77 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @crinrict

Message 37 of 77 (1,035 Views)

★★ Guide

It's been 9 months since this was reported.  There seems to be no interest in fixing this.

Lack of communication with the community is frustrating.  

Popular now only shows 99 downloads and below.  Once in a while, I see the top of the list for a minute. but next time I look at it, it's back to 99 and below.

This is so unfair to the builders who add beautiful content to the game every day at their own expense.

Message 38 of 77 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this glitch too, i don't remember when this happen but just notice it! i also don't have mods or cc in game. i have tried all the other tabs, "most popular" and "newest" those seems to be fine. I do remember when the "popular now" tab would show creation that have more than 100 dl but in this case it seems that it is stuck on 100 dl as max number for "popular now" tab

Message 39 of 77 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@marjia

I know this pain. Now when you send the house to the Gallery until it reaches 98 - 99 downloads, everyone can see it and can download it, but when number of downloads will go over that number only if you have over 4000 followers the house will still be downloaded. Even the most beautiful house posted by someone who is not popular will no longer be downloaded. This favors TouTube people who can advertise their work there and only the most popular creators. It's not fair for new creators. This has been reported for months but EA pays no attention to it.

Message 40 of 77 (963 Views)