Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Gallery Not Connecting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? n/s
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to connect to the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? gallery doesn't connect
What do you expect to see? gallery connecting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: Sims 4

Platform: macOS Monterey MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

What is your Gamertag/PSN ID? ScaryCaucasian

Which mode has this happened in? Build Mode

Which part of the mode? ???

Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?: 07/11/2022

What time did you see the bug?: About 4:00PM

What is your time zone?: EST

How often does the bug occur?: idk, it just started

How can we find the bug ourselves?: idk

What happens when the bug occurs? I can't connect to the gallery.

What should be happening instead? let me connect to the gallery

I tried to connect to the gallery but it wont connect and i know my internet is fine. ive tried removing my mods, repairing and updating my game, relaunching my game, and nothing is working. pls fix

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form, adjusted title

Message 8 of 113 (5,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery Not Connecting

Community Manager

Hey all, 

Final update: We have restored Gallery functionality across all platforms at this time. Please note that it may take a few minutes to fully cache depending on where you are. 

Thank you all so much for your patience while this was investigated and resolved, if you're still seeing issues please post in the thread here as this one will be closed shortly. 

- EA_Cade

EACade

View in thread

Message 113 of 113 (4,174 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 Gallery will not connect me

★★ Apprentice

The Sims 4 refuses to connect. I am online in Origin but the gallery acts like I'm offline. When I hit connect, it freezes for a few moments and then says "Could Not Connect". I am so sick of these issues.

Message 1 of 113 (5,454 Views)

Can't connect to the gallery (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When selecting the gallery both in the main menu and in-game, my game says that this feature requires an online connection and needs connection. That makes sense, however, my game is incapable of connecting to the servers. I have youtube playing in the background so I know it's not a problem with my internet. 

I've reset the game to factory settings, uninstalled all of my mods and CC, and I'm currently repairing the game files through Origin. Is there anything else that I can do? 

EDIT: Repairing the game files did not work :/

Message 2 of 113 (5,821 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery will not connect me

★★★ Newbie
@HenriettaStrife The gallery has been down for me for two hours! There are others experiencing this issue as well. No answers or leads about maintenance or server issues anywhere!
Message 3 of 113 (5,439 Views)

Re: Can't connect to the gallery (PC)

★★★ Novice

I also cannot connect to the gallery. When I try to connect, I get a message that says "could not connect". I have been able to connect before. 

Message 4 of 113 (5,806 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery will not connect me

★★ Apprentice

yea the gallery been down for me as well. I thought this was on my end but it was working fine now all of a sudden, I can't connect 

Message 5 of 113 (5,418 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue, after I try to connect, it say's can't connect at this time, then my game just freezes up. Also on PC, and all other internet is working in my home, so I would guess that the gallery is down, sucks that we can't play either though. 

Message 6 of 113 (5,779 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same, its been down for a little over an hour here. Even reinstalled the game completely to see if that would somehow fix it.

Message 7 of 113 (5,756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Please do yourselves a BIG favor before repairing/re-installing/changing settings when you cant go to online gallery Standard smile Always check either or both the EA server status page for sims 4: https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/ (it currently shows all are down (no green up arrows) or go to https://downdetector.com/status/the-sims-4/ (you will see there that at his time it is down for everyone). Standard smile

Message 9 of 113 (5,736 Views)

Sims 4 on PS4 not loading

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to Load the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The game doesn’t load
What do you expect to see? The game loading
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My game isn’t loading. When I press “start game” it freezes for a second and then the loading icon starts spinning and never goes anywhere. 
it was working perfectly fine last night. 
i have deleted user data, old saves, restarted my PS4 and even rebuilt my PS4’s entire database. 
I don’t want to have to reinstall the entire game because that would take hours and I’ve only got a small amount of time to play tonight. I don’t understand why it’s not working 

Message 10 of 113 (4,351 Views)