Re: CRASH 100% 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung error when entering specified a

by XHelperZ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CRASH 100% 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung error when entering specified area

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? APolygon
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Jamoboy97
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Valkyrie
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Gibraltar
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Northwest of antenna (the area with all the prowlers)
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting prowlers and looting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/08/2022
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes with error code: 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung
What should be happening instead? Game should not crash when entering specified area
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load into stormpoint map Move to specified area shown on attached image Result: Game will crash with error code: 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung

[CRASH] 100% - Stormpoint - User crashes when in specific area of map

Observed behaviour:

When entering a specific area of the map, the game will crash to desktop throwing out error code: 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung

Upon reloading the game and resuming match, the user will crash again. Not allowing them the chance to leave the game.

Reproduction rate: 4/4

Repro steps:

Load into stormpoint map
Move to specified area shown on attached image
Result:

Game will crash with error code: 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung

Hardware:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz

16GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia RTX 2070

Windows 10 Home edition

Game installed and launched through steam

Used to work for EA, hope this can easily go into your JIRA database Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (2,348 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CRASH 100% 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung error when entering specified a

Champion

@APolyg0n 

Could you also check if disabling spot shadows resolves this?

This seems to be related to shadow rendering with mostly NVIDIA cards.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (2,318 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@APolyg0n 

Could you also check if disabling spot shadows resolves this?

This seems to be related to shadow rendering with mostly NVIDIA cards.

Message 2 of 10 (2,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@XHelperZ Thanks! This seems to have solved the crashes. Still get a few stutters in this area but no crashes
Message 3 of 10 (2,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@APolyg0n I also have this problem and somtimes on Olympus too. I've tried literally everything short of changing my registry (which is risky) and reinstalling windows. I have an AMD card and it only started happening this week. Been playing since season 8 with no issues whatsoever.
Message 4 of 10 (2,086 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this same issue like 1 month now.

Allways happends when iam flying...like from the ship or from the gaizer

Every time like 1 from 5 games the game crash

I have AMD RX580 last driver and windows 11

Cant get rid of this issue.

Any tips ?

Message 5 of 10 (1,955 Views)

★ Guide
@Solid_EXC I also have an AMD RX580, latest driver update, and Windows 11 too
I've crashed at these areas so far:

Olympus: Landing from drop ship onto Oasis, landing Icarus, Landing on the heli pad of the new Lifeline takeover POI, walking the under-map bridge that connects Energy Depot and Gardens.
Storm Point:walked into the area with the gravity cannon between Cascade and the tunnel that leads towards Checkpoint
World's Edge: Was on the snowy hill near Epicenter that you can view Fragment (Market Specifically) from
Message 6 of 10 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there away to fix this yet this has been happening since season 13 and idk what to do anymore. I have already tried EA help on twitter and they just tell me to uninstall and redownload older drivers, they have told me to delete apex and download it again and they have told me to make sure my drivers are updated. I have done all that and more and it is still having the same problem. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,609 Views)

★ Novice

This error is still not fixec yet. I can't play like this anymore/ This is goodbye Apex Legends.Untitled.png

Message 8 of 10 (1,402 Views)

Champion

Hey guys, the issue you're encountering is most likely unrelated to the one in this post, it's recommended to make your own thread for new encounters.

Recently there has been an influx of reports regarding this issue, so far it seems mostly related to unstable new drivers (again)

Message 9 of 10 (1,365 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, but I played 120 hours before and there was no problem Frown

Message 10 of 10 (703 Views)