Re: CONNECTION ERROR

by majorlrb66

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CONNECTION ERROR

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I've been playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes for about 2 weeks or so. has been fine up until today.
It gave me a connection error and was not able to get into the settings at all.
I then cleared the cache and attempted to load the game again, but to no luck. 
I uninstalled the app, restarted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 - Marshmallow 6.0.1) and reinstalled the game.
Loaded the game and still same error.

I am able to play my other games that I have downloaded from the google play store, including using my browser.

Few other colleagues of mine, who also play this game, have not had this issue and are able to play.

Could you kindly get back to me with what I can do to resolve this? 

Many Thanks,
MisterZ (Ally code: 235-855-252)

Message 1 of 4 (782 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@majorlrb66 Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Were you able to get back into the game since, or are you still stuck?

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (825 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@perzn86 Hi,

Is the issue with logging into Google Play or with the App?

If an error message is shown on the screen, can you tell me which one?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (766 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

When attempting to log into SWGOH through Google Play, I receive the "Failed to sign in. Please check your network connection and try again." message.  I have full signal on my wi-fi, the ports are open on my router specifically for your servers as given to me by an EA customer service rep.  I have literally used every trick on two tablets and a phone (changing the time/date, clearing caches, uninstalling/reinstalling apps, even a full reset on both tablets) with the same results.  I have even tried while using Bluestacks on a hard-wired computer,(with the same results/message) so no wi-fi questions there.  I have spent 14 straight hours on this now and have spoken to both Google (who says it's an EA problem) and EA, who says they'll pass it on up to their "higher tier technical support" and blamed it on my local internet provider.  I could use some real help here, fellows!  I've got literally thousands of dollars in this game and also don't have a lot of time left as I have pancreatic cancer.  I would like to have some fun instead of all this stress over a game!  Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (735 Views)

Community Manager

@majorlrb66 Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Were you able to get back into the game since, or are you still stuck?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (826 Views)