by sketchseven

Original Post

[COLLISION MESH BUG] Jittery movement when ADSing

★★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? sketchseven
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Seer
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Storm Point - East side of Checkpoint
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. ADSing on the top of eastern side north stairs
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Unknown
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? This happens on the eastern side of the Checkpoint area (the section with the three platforms with three pills on each). When ADSing with a Sentinel at the top of the stairs I was getting glitchy movement, preventing me moving smoothly forward and backward, and (I think) knocking me out of the ADS state. I suspect that the collision mesh is slightly misaligned here, which is not noticeable when walking or sprinting across this area but when ADSing with a sniper rifle really messed me up.
What should be happening instead? Smooth movement back and forth the top of the stairs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Moving up and down the northern stairs, east side of Checkpoint. May only occur with the slower movement of ADSing while using a sniper weapon?

Text to post...

Message 1 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: [COLLISION MESH BUG] Jittery movement when ADSing

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. Did your Sentinel have iron sights, or a different one?

Edit: Yep I think I have this replicated with a triple take, if I "slide" against the rails. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)

Re: [COLLISION MESH BUG] Jittery movement when ADSing

★★★ Guide

Iron sights on the Sentinel; it was the first gun I’d found and my squad members were already attacking another team in the east buildings of Checkpoint. 

Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)