by Sigzy05

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Weird arms distortion

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Christmas stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims take to long to respond to task. Or the just stand in one spot.
What do you expect to see? It to be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I click on an action for my sim to do and they just stand there.  Or after they do action there arms are weird.

Message 2 of 34 (10,691 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

• What was your Sim doing when he reset ? hugging another Sim.
  • Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were they doing ? only the Sims hugging.
  • On which lot did the issue occur ? Nookstone and others, it's not one specific lot.

• What was your Sim doing when he reset ? having a drink.
  • Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were they doing ? Sim(s) sitting and drinking at the bar.
  • On which lot did the issue occur ? last seen at The Blue Velvet. but it's not one specific lot.

i forgot to write about these. the resetting doesn't happen every time. maybe 25% of the time? there are no lastexception files present.

the hugging thing also happens when Sims are closer to each other, and they raise their arms in the opposite direction. i don't think it happens when they hug properly.

cc/mods removed, but both things have happened back when i didn't use either.

Message 1 of 34 (10,570 Views)

Re: Weird arms and standing still sims

Hero

Hi @daniellesprouse8

have you tried repairing your game yet ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (10,628 Views)

Hero

Tagging @daniellesprouse8 for more feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (10,574 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this issue. Flex autonomously kissed my sim's hands (they were not in any relationship) to my surprise which isn't an issue I think it should happen more often he was flirty, but the animation was just a mess. The arms streched very awkwardly as my sim standed there.  

01-05-18_1-17-02 PM.png

Message 5 of 34 (10,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you also have them just standing around ? 

Was it just that animation or do you have it in general ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (10,562 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, my sim was standing after he changed into the robe and suddenly that happened. I've seen it with a few animations including the "issue a citation" animation.

Message 7 of 34 (10,557 Views)

Hero

The citation one is a known one so I think your issue might not be the same one as OP.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (10,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not sure but it's happening a lot for some reason.

01-05-18_10-50-21 PM.png01-05-18_10-50-47 PM.png

I can't help but laugh at this point.

Message 9 of 34 (10,540 Views)

Hero

Did you repair your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (10,527 Views)