by Majda428

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Various czech translation issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff, and the two free packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change game language to czech (which is not in the languages I can select here), then find some blueberry shrub (borůvkový keř) and harvest it
What happens when the bug occurs? The translation is wrong because you are at a blueberry shrub (borůvkový keř) and you harvest a blackberry (ostružina) while you shoud in fact get a blueberry (borůvka)... or maybe the plant is named incorrectly and the berry is right?
What do you expect to see? I would like to see the translation repaired
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi! Since the game was released I played in czech. And since back then, there is a wrong translation - and it seems nobody cares about it. Well, the blueberry shrub grows blackberries. And I don't even know which of the translations is wrong or whether it's just some inside joke and it's in every language. Thanks for any response and have a great day. Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (1,777 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Various czech translation issues

Hero

Hi @Majda428

created a collection thread for czech out of this.

Feel free to report anything you see in here.

Could you post a picture, encircling the issue like in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Various-Text-and-Translation-Errors/m-p/6381...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,745 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer. Sure, in the first picture it's a "blueberry shrub" which should grow blueberries according to its description, and from then on it's always blackberry. I believe the plant is named inaccurately as the description of the berry fits to blackberries (but I am not sure due to its appearance).

Error #1.png

Error #2.png

Error #3.png

Message 3 of 6 (1,732 Views)

Hero
Thank.

Passed it on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,730 Views)

Erroneous translation in The Sims 4 expansion on Mac (Origin)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

please I need help to solve the translation error in the game (Czech). I took it up with the EA Help Center and they referred me here. In The Sims 4 (High School Years) expansion, there are 2 teachers right in the school. Teacher of class 1 (CZ: "Učitelka třídy 1", because the teacher is a woman) and teacher of class 2 (correct in CZ: "Učitel třídy 2", because the teacher is a man).

Each one has a red label next to its name that describes it. Teacher 1 has the label right, but Teacher 2 doesn't. Teacher 2 has student of class 2 (CZ: "Student třídy 2") on the label, correctly in Czech "Učitel třídy 2", because the teacher is a man - teacher of class 2.

How to fix this? There is a mistake in the translation and I don't know where I can fix it, since it is a description of a position in interaction at school. I think it's a bug somewhere in the core of the game that I can't get to. How to solve it, who can fix it? If I switch the game to English, the labels are both correct, so how to fix the Czech? 

Thank you very much for help. 

Message 5 of 6 (577 Views)

Re: Erroneous translation in The Sims 4 expansion on Mac (Origin)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech 
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

Spoiler

Get to Work

City Living

Seasons

Get Famous

Island Living

Discover University

Eco Lifestyle

Snowy Escape

High School Years

Outdoor Retreat

Spa Day

Dine Out

Vampires

Jungle Adventure

StrangerVille

Realm of Magic

My Wedding Stories

Werewolves

Luxury Party Stuff

Perfect Patio Stuff

Backyard Stuff

Vintage Glamour Stuff

Fitness Stuff

Laundry Day Stuff

Moschino Stuff

Tiny Living Stuff

Paranormal Stuff

What happens when the bug occurs? Each one has a red label next to its name that describes it. Teacher 1 has the label right, but Teacher 2 doesn't. Teacher 2 has student of class 2 (CZ: "Student třídy 2") on the label, correctly in Czech "Učitel třídy 2", because the teacher is a man - teacher of class 2.

What do you expect to see? I would like to see correct label of teacher 2.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 6 of 6 (548 Views)