by SimGuruRusskii

Original Post

Lack of Gender Consistency in Notifications

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leveling up fitness skill to 5 on a male sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The gender of the sim in question isn't referred to consistently in the notification for levelling up the skill
What do you expect to see? My sim referred to as one singular gender
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Okay so, I was playing when I got the skill up notification, and my sim was referred to as both he and her in the same notification. He doesn't have any custom gender settings. This is the first time I've noticed something like this in my game. Only mods I run are MCCC and WW, both of which I doubt would make an impact on the text notification. See the attached screenshot for more information. Just figured you guys should know o/

edit: the bug is completely replicable by leveling/setting a male sims fitness to 5

Message 51 of 143 (2,026 Views)

Re: Lack of Gender Consistency in Notifications

★ Guide

Using the String Table Lookup feature of Sims 4 Studio, it appears that the String is hard-coded to say "her".

String Table for Level 5 Skill Up for Fitness

It should say something like {0.SimFirstName} has improved {M0.his}{F0.her} endurance and will loose less energy when swimming.

Message 52 of 143 (2,015 Views)

Wordworking table?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I can imagine catching all the small imperfections in the game (Sims 4) can be a daunting task, and to be honest, I've actually never noticed this little surprise until today but this is what I read in the description of this aspiration when you mouse over the description of the Woodworking Requirement in the Nerd Brain Aspiration:

Craft an Object on the Woodworking Table The Wordworking Table can be purchased from Build Mode under the Skills Sort. OK. wait what? Wordworking? Yep Wordworking, not woodworking which is quite a relief actually because my sim is forever hitting his head with the hammer. Yeah, it's not a big deal and actually kinda funny now that I noticed it. 

Edit: To fix a spelling mistake. LOL

Message 53 of 143 (1,955 Views)

Re: Wordworking table?

Champion

@EthyrdudeStandard smile... funny! Well, hopefully EA will see your post here and change that spelling. It may be helpful to re-word your post title to indicate that this is a misspelling in the game. Thanks for your great observational skills and sharing! 

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 54 of 143 (1,936 Views)

Hero
@Ethyrdude Thanks for the report. I've merged your thread with the text issues thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 143 (1,930 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There's a bug with the moodlet that appears when a sim burns him/herself by failing the inferniate spell. There should be an actual exclamation point instead of the 'exclamation point' text (see screenshot)

Message 56 of 143 (1,887 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Re: Exclamation Point. 
It is not a bug! It is my lame attempt as a joke reference to the IT Crowd, when Moss encounters fire in his office and writes an email to broadcast it.

Message 57 of 143 (1,871 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

★ Novice

Noticed this same error on every servo enhancement notification so far, "improves him durability".

It's adorable, but I'm guessing unintentional. Not sure if the same mistake happens with female servos.

Message 58 of 143 (1,835 Views)

Leveling up in Rocket Science Skill does not show sim's names

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get Together, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim reaching a new level in Rocket Science Skill.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you have a Sim reaching a new level in Rocket Science Skill, it says e.g. "He / She can now install Automated Landing Computer Upgrades on Rockets.", despite the sim's name should be mentioned at "He / She". This issue happens at all Rocket Science levels, but not on another skills.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the sim's name is shown at this notification like at all other skills.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If a sim reaches a new level in rocket science skill, the notification does not show the sim's name.

Message 59 of 143 (1,924 Views)

Re: Leveling up in Rocket Science Skill does not show sim's names

Hero
@Zack4358 I merged your text reports into the collection thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 143 (1,909 Views)