Re: text pop-up that doesn't apply to object.

by Dwestacular

Original Post

Re: text pop-up that doesn't apply to object.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

To whoever posted about the Tea Magic Brewer displaying text about coffee when you're upgrading it:

You posted this February 2018 and I literally noticed it this week! Definitely still a thing

Message 41 of 143 (1,616 Views)

[GF] Public Number Quirk Moodlet Typo

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work GP: Jungle Adventure, Parenting, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat SP: Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Night Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a (male, in my case) Celebrity gain the Public Number fame quirk and receive a text mocking them for having their number leaked. This will cause your Sim to get the "Condescending 'Fan'" +1 Embarassed moodlet. Hover over the moodlet to look at its description.
What happens when the bug occurs? The moodlet's description says the Sim is "second guessing herself" even if the Sim is male.
What do you expect to see? Just a typo fix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous, as that's the one that adds fame quirks.

06-05-19_2-11-27 AM.png

Here's a picture of the moodlet.

The Sim is male, but one part of the moodlet's description says "he's second guessing herself."

Message 42 of 143 (1,587 Views)

Re: [GF] Public Number Quirk Moodlet Typo

Hero
@Iyasenu

Merging this with the text collection thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 143 (1,573 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict

Thanks, I forgot about the collection thread!
Message 44 of 143 (1,569 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A spelling mistake in the Clothing Optional lot trait description. It should read "societal mores" not "societal moors". Mores are customs and manners. Moors are open tracts of land. Not really the same thing.

Mores.JPG

Message 45 of 143 (1,506 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on fire with finding spelling mistakes today. The correct word would be "precedes" not "proceeds". To precede is to come before, to proceed is to go forth, ie. "his reputation precedes him" vs "he proceeds on foot to the crime scene".

proceed.jpg

Message 46 of 143 (1,500 Views)

Re: Page turners

★★★★★ Pro

@macal0ns0 wrote:

What is your current game version number? 2014
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work my first pet stuff and more but typing them is a waste of my time
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join page turners or become friends with someone in page turners and wait till they invite you into the club
What happens when the bug occurs? It says were having a meeting! Looking for some quite time? Join us at the library!——it says quite instead of quiet. I have no idea if its a pun that i dont get or if its not supposed to be there but i said this anyway.
What do you expect to see? QUIET
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Removed cc, did not change

Ya so my sim got accepted and it said looking for some quite time. I dont know if one of your developers just didnt notice or something but anyway my username is kwesley1 if u need to contact me or anything. 

-Mac Wesley

its mac alonso cuz its one of my sims names. Btw i love u

If this was typed correctly (hard to say as there is no picture), not only should "quite" be "quiet" but also "were" should be "we're".

Message 47 of 143 (1,477 Views)

TS4- Typo Upon Levelling Up

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All aside from Jungle Adventure, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Level up a child Sim to level 4 of the motor skill.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon levelling up a child Sim to level 4 motor skill, you will recieve a notification with a typo.
What do you expect to see? No typo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

"(Sim) can now play Keyboard Commander on a computer. (Sim) has now achieved another level in Swimming! (He/she) can not swim better and faster.

Message 48 of 143 (1,461 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

★ Guide

Not sure if there's a better place for this since this isn't really a typo, but the text is inaccurate since it's capable of triggering on non-apartment lots.

Here's a pic. My sim got a whim Get Creative (from Lot Traits). The descriptive text says "Inspired by the artistic Apartment surroundings, perform a creative-skill interaction like Writing, Painting, or using an instrument." But she's on a regular lot--the Parkshore lot next door to the Goths in Willow Creek--and has never been to an apartment before.

Message 49 of 143 (1,374 Views)

Re: Microwave Upgrade Description Errors

★★ Guide

@ZeroArcana wrote:

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Game is patched to 1.36.102.1020 (running 64-bit version); all expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the Handiness skill attempt to upgrade any of the four microwaves.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to upgrade a microwave using the Handiness skill, incorrect text strings are shown for the "Flavor Enhancer" and "Self Cleaning" upgrades.
What do you expect to see? Correct text strings accurately describing the upgrades.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The "Flavor Enhancer" upgrade reads: Install the self-cleaning, Splatter-Platter and never clean the Microwave again. 

The "Self Cleaning" upgrade reads: Lock Dirtiness Upgrade [placeholder] 

@crinrict you asked the op whether their game was updated & whether the issue was still happening .I am updated 1.55.108.1020 and it's still happening. I tried to upgrade a couple of different microwaves, but cancelled when I saw the text was out of whack - I regret that, because it would have been better to see what results the upgrade gave. But I'd had enough of the buggy game by then. Sorry - I can test properly later if it helps. 

Message 50 of 143 (1,334 Views)