Re: Microwave Upgrade Description Errors

by crinrict

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post any text errors in here

Make sure to include a picture of the error. Best is if you encircle the error for best visualization.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 143 (12,965 Views)

Compiled List

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you use a different language, please post in the according language thread as linked below. If your language doesn't have a thread yet, just make a new one.

If you find any disallowed words you feel are wrongly disallowed (think about what it would mean in English), please post here: 

Compiled List

•  Vampires: Drink Plasma for owner of big dog has a faulty place-holder text

Issues with own threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 143 (12,896 Views)

Placeholder drink plasma text on a sim walking a dog

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? C&D, vamp
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click a sim with a big “scary dog” with a vamp, GOTO vampire >> hover over drink plasma
What happens when the bug occurs? Shows a placeholder message
What do you expect to see? Non placeholder text
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

DinkPlasma.jpg

image ^^

EDIT (crin): Added picture directly to post

Message 3 of 143 (12,738 Views)

Microwave Upgrade Description Errors

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Game is patched to 1.36.102.1020 (running 64-bit version); all expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the Handiness skill attempt to upgrade any of the four microwaves.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to upgrade a microwave using the Handiness skill, incorrect text strings are shown for the "Flavor Enhancer" and "Self Cleaning" upgrades.
What do you expect to see? Correct text strings accurately describing the upgrades.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The "Flavor Enhancer" upgrade reads: Install the self-cleaning, Splatter-Platter and never clean the Microwave again. 

The "Self Cleaning" upgrade reads: Lock Dirtiness Upgrade [placeholder] 

Message 4 of 143 (12,633 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Microwave Upgrade Description Errors

Hero

HI @ZeroArcana

merged your thread with text issues but could you update your game to the newest version to make sure it's still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 143 (12,616 Views)

Typographic error in Piano Vol 3 Book. *Minuets is spelled Minutes.

★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cat & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Awesome Hats, Life of the Party Digital Content, Digital Soundtrack, Up All Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up the list of books to order and look at the piano books. Piano Vol Book 3 has a typo in the title. The title reads: PIANO VOL 3: CONCERTOS, MINUTES, AND SONATAS Unless this is a purposeful joke, MINUTES should be MINUETS. A minuet is a Baroque and Classical-period dance of medium-slow speed in a triple meter. Composers such as Haydn and Mozart, and even Beethoven used them in their Sonatas and Symphonies, and Concertos. They were also composed in the Baroque by Bach, Handel Couperin, and others during that period.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing other than I noticed the typographical error in the book title. It's not a game breaking error, but is one that should be fixed at some point.
What do you expect to see? The title to be spelled correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

See attached image.Typo.JPG

Message 6 of 143 (12,549 Views)

Re: Typographic error in Piano Vol 3 Book. *Minuets is spelled Minutes.

Hero

Merged this with the collection thread. This might actually be on purpose though

Tagging @SimGuruRusskii to clarify

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 143 (12,533 Views)

text pop-up that doesn't apply to object.

★★ Expert

Platform: PC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out GP, Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click on the Tea Magic Personal Brewer and choose "upgrade". then hover over "Add Infuser".
What happens when the bug occurs? unrelated text is displayed.
What do you expect to see? text that's related to the object.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

teamagic.jpg

Message 8 of 143 (12,461 Views)

Re: text pop-up that doesn't apply to object.

Hero

This news item about Triple Boost Week that pops up when launching the game has an incorrect use of "less." It should be "fewer" in this case, because trips are countable.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 143 (12,426 Views)

Re: text pop-up that doesn't apply to object.

★★ Guide

Text error when child levels social skill.

Message 10 of 143 (12,396 Views)