[COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post any text errors in here

Make sure to include a picture of the error. Best is if you encircle the error for best visualization.

If you use a different language, please post in the according language thread as linked below. If your language doesn't have a thread yet, just make a new one.

If you find any disallowed words you feel are wrongly disallowed (think about what it would mean in English), please post here: 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 29 (2,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Patch Bed Only 1 Energy?

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm locking this thread as I made a new one: Various Text and Translation Errors

Threads specific to languages can now be found in each language section (work in progress) if available in the corresponding language.

Links in the new thread will be updated as they are published.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (2,483 Views)

All Replies

canelacaliente - Various Text Errors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

1.  Not a text error, by design.  I am not sure if this is a text error but the issue is described in this thread (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Jail-door-is-actually-a-wall/m-p/5150456/highlig...).  This is in regards to the reward objects from the detective career.  The descriptions on the object are wrong are either the objects themselves are wrong.  The items have the wrong descriptions.

These rewards have the description of a wall and look and act like a wall.

Spoiler

02-22-16_11-53-40 PM.png

02-22-16_11-53-42 PM.png

02-22-16_11-53-44 PM.png

These two say door but look exactly like a wall.  They don't function like a door.  They are exact duplicates of the wall.

Spoiler

02-22-16_11-53-47 PM.png

02-22-16_11-53-50 PM.png

Message 1 of 29 (2,568 Views)

Re: canelacaliente - Various Text Errors

Hero

@canelacaliente

as per request by @greenxen, I split your post. She has a special system to report her text errors so it's better if you have your own thread for the ones you want to report.

Just use this one for all the errors you find.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (2,550 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Actually it is not a bug. This is flavor text since they look like jail cell doors or jail cell walls so to speak. Object text has a lot of flavor and most times you can't take then literal unless we explicitly say so.

I do appreciate the feedback though, will make notes for future objects.

Thanks much!
Message 3 of 29 (2,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

2.  Not a text error.  A tuning issue.  Although I marked this thread solved, I have a question about the emotional aura text in the game.  There seems to be some discrepancies on the description of objects and the emotional aura they output. These discrepancies are causing people to wonder if the objects are functioning as intended.

I posted pictures in this thread of the textual discrepancies:

According to a picture in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-Mold-Clay-Into-Brick-Formation/m-p/507250...

GreenXen's Clay Image

The clay has an emotional aura of 2.  When placed next to the Sim it automatically generates and emotional aura.  This indicates it has a greater emotional aura than 2.  After further testing, I discovered clay sculptures have an emotional aura of 3.  I used a picture from @greenxen thread because the clay sculptures are no longer viable in debug mode.

Collections

The pictures below show the differences in text between the collectibles in the game.  There are three pictures for each and they will follow this pattern:

First Picture - The description of the collectible when you select it in build mode

Second Picture - The description of the collectible when you view it in debug mode

Third Picture - The hoover over text in live mode

Mounted Fish

Spoiler
Mounted Captain Fishbones Bonefish - Build.pngMounted Captain Fishbones Bonefish - Debug.pngMounted Captain Fishbones Bonefish - Live.pngMounted Gummie Gupie - Build.pngMounted Gummie Gupie - Debug.pngMounted Gummie Gupie - Live.png

Microscope Prints

Spoiler
Blemish Blossom - Build.pngBlemish Blossom - Debug.pngBlemish Blossom - Live.pngCell Block - Build.pngCell Block - Debug.pngCell Block - Live.pngCrystal Palace - Build.pngCrystal Palace - Debug.pngCrystal Palace - Live.pngFalling - Build.pngFalling - Debug.pngFalling - Live.pngHooplankton - Build.pngHooplankton - Debug.pngHooplankton - Live.pngLeaf Meat - Build.pngLeaf Meat - Debug.pngLeaf Meat - Live.pngParty In Pink - Build.pngParty In Pink - Debug.pngParty In Pink - Live.pngPsychedelic Rock - Live.pngPyschedelic Rock - Debug.pngPsychedelic Rock - Live.pngRhapsody in Blue - Build.pngRhapsody In Blue - Debug.pngRhapsody In Blue - Live.pngSnow Fight - Build.pngSnow Fight - Debug.pngSnow Fight - Live.pngThe Drifter - Build.pngThe Drifter - Debug.pngThe Drifter - Live.pngTrace Remains - Build.pngTrace Remains - Debug.pngTrace Remains - Debug.png

Space Prints

Spoiler
Animal's Planet - Build.pngAnimal's Planet - Debug.pngAnimal's Planet - Live.pngBattle Stars - Build.pngBattle Stars - Debug.pngBattle Stars - Live.pngBig Star - Build.pngBig Star - Debug.pngBig Star - Live.pngCloudy Vision - Build.pngCloudy Vision - Debug.pngCloudy Vision - Live.pngEnd of Time - Build.pngEnd Of Time - Debug.pngEnd of Time - Live.pngI Dream of Pleisosaur - Build.pngI Dream Of Pleisosaur - Debug.pngI Dream of Pleisosaur - Live.pngOut of This World Style - Build.pngOut Of This World Style - Debug.pngOut of This World Style - Live.pngRosie The Riveting - Build.pngRosie The Riveting - Debug.pngRosie The Riveting - Live.pngSaturn Return - Build.pngSaturn Return - Debug.pngSaturn Return - Live.pngSeeing Red - Build.pngSeeing Red - Debug.pngSeeing Red - Live.pngStandard Space - Build.pngStandard Space - Debug.pngStandard Space - Live.pngStar Crossed Lovers - Build.pngStar Crossed Lovers - Debug.pngStar Crossed Lovers - Live.pngSurfacing - Build.pngSurfacing - Debug.pngSurfacing - Live.pngT-Rex Nebula - Build.pngT-Rex Nebula - Debug.pngT-Rex Nebula - Live.pngTwinkle - Build.pngTwinkle - Debug.pngTwinkle - Live.png

Crystals

Spoiler
Alabaster - Build.pngAlabaster - Debug.pngAlabaster - Live.pngCitrine - Build.pngCitrine - Debug.pngCitrine - Live.pngEmerald - Build.pngEmerald - Debug.pngEmerald - Live.pngFire Opal - Build.pngFire Opal - Debug.pngFire Opal - Live.pngHematite - Build.pngHemitite - Debug.pngHematite - Live.pngJonquilyst - Build.pngJonquilyst - Debug.pngJonquilyst - Live.png
Orange Topaz - Build.pngOrange Topaz - Debug.pngOrange Topaz- Live.pngPeach - Build.pngPeach - Debug.pngPeach - Live.pngQuartz - Build.pngQuartz - Debug.pngQuartz - Live.pngRainborz - Build.pngRainborz - Debug.pngRainborz - Live.pngRose - Build.pngRose - Debug.pngRose - Live.pngRuby - Build.pngRuby - Debug.pngRuby - Live.pngSapphire - Build.pngSapphire - Debug.pngSapphire - Live.pngShinolite - Build.pngShinolite - Debug.pngShinolite - Live.pngSimanite - Build.pngSimanite - Debug.pngSimanite - Live.pngTurquoise - Build.pngTurquoise - Debug.pngTurquoise - Live.png

Message 4 of 29 (2,526 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

That would be something i can forward design to look at, it seems like a tuning issue, not a text issue.
Thanks!

Message 5 of 29 (2,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

3.  Thanks for forwarding the issue.  I am still reporting new things I find with emotional auras in that thread as I test it out in my game. 

I think I have finally found a real text error. Large smile The lesson on the photography skill needs to be updated.  We no longer have the option in game to click on a photograph and add it to our memories.  The information on tagging, adding an emotion, and reminiscing about memories should probably have its own lesson or be moved to the lesson on the camera since these are now base game functions.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2016-02-26 06.00.03.png
Screenshot 2016-02-26 06.00.16.png

Message 6 of 29 (2,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

4.  Baking skill books showing incorrect prices as seen here:  http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Baking-Skill-Books-Showing-Incorrect-Price/...

Spoiler

Screenshot 2016-02-28 04.54.39.png

Message 7 of 29 (2,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

5.  Text says action is under Funny when it is actually located under Mean:

Spoiler
03-14-16_4-58-15 AM.png03-14-16_4-58-25 AM.png

6.  GTW cameras don't display in the text they add to the photography skill.  All other skill objects display what skill they contribute to in the text.

Spoiler
03-17-16_11-10-56 AM.png03-17-16_11-11-00 AM.png03-17-16_11-11-08 AM.png
Message 8 of 29 (2,450 Views)

Spelling error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Sorry to be pedantic but there is a spelling error once a child completes the mental childhood aspiration. 

It says "becoming an brilliant child" whereas it should be "becoming a brilliant child", sorry again to nag. 

Message 9 of 29 (2,400 Views)