[ARCHIVED] Unjustified disallowed words

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't gone through all ~39 pages, but the name 'Anna-Lucia' came up as a disallowed word? Raised eyebrow

Message 391 of 433 (747 Views)

You're Calling My Son's Tribe A Bad Word

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Okay, so, I tried to change my EA nickname to Gueycherry, and it says part of the name is prohibited. Guey is Taino for "Sun." And, Cherry is Cherry. There's no profanity in the name. It's my username on GaiaOnline, so I tried to update my nickname to it, and the EA app is calling it prohibited. Why are you calling everyday Taino words prohibited like profanity? Do you want a lawsuit?
What happens when the bug occurs? It says Guey is prohibited and prevents me from changing my user nickname.
What do you expect to see? Take Taino language out of your profanity filter before you get sued for trillions of dollars, and before you go on record as committing a hate crime against the Taino sub-tribe of Guey! Gueyans are a Caribbean Native American people! And, Guey is a common name in their language!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Okay, so, I have a son who picked the username Gueycherry, because he's of the Guey tribe, and wants to call himself a cherry blossom, but doesn't want to say cherryblossom because that's too long, so he picked cherry. He wanted Darkcherry, but it was taken on Gaia. So, he did Gueycherry, and it was avaialable. Well, we tried to put Gueycherry as a nickname on EA, and it's calling Guey a bad word! My son is Gueyan! Where are you getting it from to call his people a bad word!? It's a Native Caribbean TRIBE!

Message 392 of 433 (776 Views)

Re: You're Calling My Son's Tribe A Bad Word

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Here's Guey, with an e, in the Taino dictionary. The Dictionary of the Taino Language (taino-tribe.org)
Tai-guey means "equal to the Sun," and Guey means "Sun." As in the Sun in the sky during the day. My son is fluent in Taino, and knows the exact translation, which the dictionary doesn't say well. Guey is the Sun. Gay is happiness. Day is day. May is that it's doable (as in doable this day). Nay is that it can't be done today. Etc. My son's tribe has LOTS of words evolving around the Sun, which they call Guey. He learned the language from his Gueyan father.

An Edit: My son is saying that what his tribe means by "Good Sun" as the translation is "as good as the Sun," they mistranslated.

Message 393 of 433 (770 Views)

★ Guide
Apparently, he’ll is a disallowed word. I know what they’re thinking, but it’s silly because it doesn’t mean that. It means he will…
Message 394 of 433 (693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I recreated the characters from Doug. Doug Funnie, Skeeter Valentine, Patti Mayonnaise, Beebe Bluff, Roger Klotz and the dog Porkchop. I changed Skeeter and Porkchop's name and I still got the message that I contained a disallowed word. I have no idea.

Message 395 of 433 (666 Views)

Re: You're Calling My Son's Tribe A Bad Word

★★★ Apprentice
@ImDragone Because unfortunately it is slang in... Mexican?
I googled "Guey" with "slang" added. Gives all the info you need.

-
Disney Character name Mufasa is disallowed, because of what the slang "Muf" means.
Message 396 of 433 (646 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★ Newbie

They wouldn’t let me post one of my sims houses for having pronouns in the Description but all my other posts which also have pronouns are fine???? What I had written was;

“Mycena (any) the witch, Bea (she/her occasionally bee/bees) the human, Michi (they/he/angel/seraph) the Angel and Cosmo (it/its) the space cat. Because of limitations Mycena is missing some piercings, pointed elf ears, her purple to green ombré hair color and heterochtomia, Bea is missing her right prothetic arm, Michi is missing their wings and double halo and Cosmo is missing white cateract-like eyes.” After fiddling around trying to find what was apparently vulgar or obscene about my description I took the bracketed pronouns out and it let me post it. No it was not just the pronoun “seraph” I took that out by itself and it still showed the warning icon. I thought maybe it was using neopronouns but nope my other sims have neos. So I did more playing around and it’s specifically having it/its pronouns in the description. As an it/its user I’m so mad. 

Message 397 of 433 (588 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★★ Pro
@cha0tic_newt_sys It's because the gallery filter reads "it/its" as "itits" and then sees the word "t i t s" in there. I suggest that you only use the subject form ("it") instead of both the subject and object form ("it/its"), to go around the problem.
Message 398 of 433 (583 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The game doesn't like "d10" (as in a 10-sided die) for some reason! Doesn't make sense!

Message 399 of 433 (473 Views)

Re: Disallowed words Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

It wouldn't allow me to use Terwilliger either. It wasn't until I changed the spelling to Terwillager that it allowed the name. I couldn't even add the correct spelling in the description. When it was saying the name had a disallowed word, it highlighted the entire last name in red with a red exclamation point. It was really weird.

Message 400 of 433 (440 Views)