[ARCHIVED] Unjustified disallowed words

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

EA Sims Team

@Eydika

Thank you for sending me the files through private message.

I took a look at them and did not see any issues with the text.  Are you using mods/custom content?  If so, does this issue still occur when you remove the mods/custom content (prior to launching the game)?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 101 of 433 (1,377 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★ Apprentice

I've literally had nothing in the description and one letter as the title and my only intent was to save the Sims I was creating into my personal gallery and it claimed I had an inappropriate word. So the letter "L" is apparently filthy.

Message 102 of 433 (1,350 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

Hero

So they didn't have a first and last name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 433 (1,344 Views)

Why is Krauter not an accepted last name?

★ Novice
It's literally my last name. Why is it considered offensive?
Message 104 of 433 (1,334 Views)

Re: Why is Krauter not an accepted last name?

@aairoheart merged with a post about these 'disallowed words', hopefully you'll get an answer here. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 105 of 433 (1,328 Views)

★ Novice
Not so far.
Message 106 of 433 (1,322 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi there,

I don't know if this is something that is explained here, but I will explain how our filters work briefly.

Our filter system is like one big giant file that has all languages and their disallowed words or combinations of words in it. words in some languages will affect other languages in some cases.

For the case of Krauter:  We checked with the German tester as the problematic word “krauten” may be indeed a problem, but he said it is not really used. Also the word “kraut” is used in English as derogatory for German people, but it is not used in German in general. Hence why it is on the filter because it could be a problem.

However because it is not widely used, I will ask to see if we can remove it. No promises though.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks

Message 107 of 433 (1,271 Views)

★ Novice

it says my sim name is not allowed

Her name is Kisha Bee

I don't see why a simple name like her isn't allowed

Message 108 of 433 (1,238 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I just now tried uploading a Sim named "Kisha Bee" and was able to do so. Are you sure it's not another name/word somewhere? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 109 of 433 (1,225 Views)

Re: Disallowed words Sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

I must admit I got a chuckle when I opened this thread to find that on one of the first replies someone with my exact issue covered it.  I can't make my simself because my last name is Cox and it's not allowed.

Message 110 of 433 (1,216 Views)