by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★ Novice

Apperently the last name "Crann" is banned

Message 91 of 433 (3,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apparently so is  either  Suki, Rena, or Ashlyn  and or the last name of Young, Huber, or Frederick because I just made characters named after my kids and got told the same thing.

Message 92 of 433 (2,975 Views)

★★ Novice

VainOne95 - Sick of "Disallowed words"!!

I've had this issue SO MANY TIMES IT'S UNREAL. Most of the time I'll try to remove it word by word to figure out what it is, but it takes that long that I end up deleting it and starting again.

Most ridiculous one I've found to date?

"Dark Ley Line".

Tried to put this in the description for a house I made, because I'd selected the Dark Ley Line trait. Origin decided that was a disallowed phrase, EVEN THOUGH it's actually their phrase in the first place!!

If I wasn't so addicted to Sims I'd get rid of the damn game, there's so many things wrong with it that just weren't an issue with TS2 or TS3 Frown

Message 93 of 433 (2,948 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apparently, according to my friend, the name Suki is disallowed because it is used in Russian criminal slang. Basically it means B*tch, someone from the criminal word who has cooperated with government or law enforement, ie. a cop's inside man.

Still doesn't quite justify the censorship of the word in unless using the Russian version of the game. But then again, I am in general,anti censorship, especially when it comes to language.

Message 94 of 433 (2,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's not suki, but suka. Also: can someone tell me if francophile is a disallowed word?

Message 95 of 433 (2,917 Views)

★★ Novice
Why would you need to use that word? (Just out of pure interest)
Message 96 of 433 (2,912 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just checked. Francophile seems to be fully allowed.

Maybe Suki is not allowed because it has "Suk" in it. Hooray for juvenile censorship.

Message 97 of 433 (2,898 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

★★ Novice

I wrote a background for a house that was about pirates. Apparently, the word "booty" is disallowed. Now, I was using it in the way of "treasure" but even if I was using it to refer to a rear end... is it *really* offensive? Really?! REALLY?! 

C'mon, EA...

Message 98 of 433 (2,892 Views)

★ Novice

I did a makeover of the BFF household from the Base Game (Liberty Lee, Travis Scott and Summer Holiday).

Tbh I have no idea what's the problem there.

"Free spirit Liberty, cheerful Summer, and geeky Travis are unlikely friends, and nothing can come between these three. Except perhaps the growing feelings both Summer and Liberty have for Travis..."

I got the error message and tried to find out what the problem was. Actually there wasn't even a wrong word, I guess.

I deleted the whole description, changed every name and the name of the household. And I still get the error message.

Message 99 of 433 (2,869 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Eydika

Can you send a screenshot of what you are trying to upload?  Or better yet, can you save the item to your library and send me the contents of your Tray (\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray)?  (If the Tray folder is too large, you can save the item to your library again and just give me the most recent items in the Tray.)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 100 of 433 (2,856 Views)