Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@JulietJuly22Pretty sure it's because her name contains "*", because apparently "k" is too close to "ck".

Edit: Yeah, apparently "k" is too close to "ck" here in the forum too, because the word got changed into a asterisk. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that the first three letters in "Fukada" is the disallowed part.

Message 311 of 433 (1,144 Views)

★★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd Oh, I knew that was why. The part that's truly absurd, beyond "*" being a frequent first three letters in Japanese names, is that I didn't create or name this character. She's a NPC in the game. 🤦
Message 312 of 433 (1,134 Views)

Banned word (nigiri)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unban the word nigiri
What happens when the bug occurs? I tried to share my sim to the gallery (I wanted to name her “Raven Nigiri” after the pufferfish nigiri dish in game because I wanted her to have created it) but it wouldn’t let me because of a banned word in description (“nigiri”). Why is this word banned? It’s in the game!!!
What do you expect to see? Not this error message?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Why is the word nigiri banned? It’s a dish in the game!

Message 313 of 433 (1,111 Views)

Re: Banned word (nigiri)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@MaddinWRITEsTuFfProbably because it contains "n i g".

Message 314 of 433 (1,099 Views)

Disallowed Words in my Household

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Create a Household
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't upload my household to the gallery
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to upload the household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am not able to upload my household to the gallery because of a disallowed word in my household, but I can't figure out which name it is:

These are the names:

Minette Barnes

Heather McKay

Jing Jing Ling (I tried "J. J. Leing" and there was still a disallowed word so I don't think it was her name)

Jean-Michel Traquenard

Dieter von Shwesterkrank

These are pre-existing characters from a family-friendly game that I was recreating for the Sims. 

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thank you!

Edit: I believe the problem with the name "Minette Barnes." Is "Minette" a disallowed word?

Message 315 of 433 (1,069 Views)

rejected description text

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? 日本語
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Typing in a description text when saving a Sim to My Library in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I type in the following description text "28 Feb 2021: Max Skills" in CAS, a warning pops up which roughly translates into: "There are gender, names or descriptions within the text that you may not upload to the Gallery. Continue anyway?"
What do you expect to see? The description text including a date not being rejected since this worked for me since 2014. When I remove the "Max Skills" part of the text and just leave the date "28 Feb 2021" it still gets rejected, deleting the date however works just fine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 316 of 433 (984 Views)

Re: rejected description text

★★★ Guide

Somehow my post duplicated itself. Sorry for the confusion.

Message 317 of 433 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Japanic2012 Look like it's feb that's the issue not the date as such.

Can you verify that ?

Merging this with the master thread on disallowed words.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 318 of 433 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict   I just tried using the word "Feb." (with a dot) which also didn't work, however "February" was accepted. I didn't know that "Feb" had a meaning other than "February" (an insulting English word perhaps?). In addition, I checked all my saves in My Library and found out that I hadn't made a single entry in the month of February all these years. It came up just now and I will keep this in mind. Thanks for the help!

Message 319 of 433 (948 Views)

Hero
@Japanic2012 Got no idea either (I'm German speaking so also not familiar with all the english bad slang words :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 320 of 433 (934 Views)