Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by JulietJuly22

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Wasn't allowed to make a sim named Seiichirou Fukazawa with the new pack. It's definitely the f-u-k in the last name doing it as it went through after changing to Aizawa. Hopefully they'll fix this, a lot of Japanese names have that f-u-k letter combo. 

Message 301 of 433 (1,282 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hang on... are you saying we can't even save our own game to our own disk if there is a sim called *? I could kind of understand if it was just the gallery.
Message 302 of 433 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me, and I have a friend who is named Suki, who thought it was odd also, she is helping me find a different name for my sim so I can share her and her roomie Hiro

Message 303 of 433 (1,247 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tried naming my Sim "Sukie" and it was disallowed.

Message 304 of 433 (1,228 Views)

★ Guide

Kindly see screenshot. Taken just today, few minutes ago.

I... I won't even bother myself with cherrypicking That Particular Word Which Is Inappropriate In The Sims 4 But Not In The Rest Of The World, thank you.

Text-in-question:

8 (eight) servos with as small playtime as possible. Use it as a backup if you experienced a dire need in a household full of servos. Capable of self-repairing (until Snowy Escape DLC pre-patch). No CC. No idea why it demands all these DLCs instead of Discover University though... #servo #eight #fullfamily #nocc #selfrepair #level3

Message 305 of 433 (1,212 Views)

★ Novice

Names EA claims are disallowed 

Acheron Cruorem

Celeste Cruorem

Clarence Allington

Odin Canitia

Olivia Canita

But I change all 5 names and it is still saying it

Message 306 of 433 (1,184 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was trying to upload my cake shop "Gretchen's Petits Gateaux", and it was rejected. When I took the "I" out of Petits it allowed it. So I think it was censoring the word *. But Petits is a real French word, it is used for plural small things (in this case, multiple small cakes).

Message 307 of 433 (1,142 Views)

Re: My last name isnt allowed. Why? Kinda Offensive

★★ Novice
@kawaiiturian There isn't anything stopping you from making the character for yourself. You might not abuse the gallery but there are people who would and since the gallery is open to everyone, young or adult alike, the sims has always taken a very censored approach to their described behaviors and nudity even if others found ways around them. It was left as a personal choice. I like that. Nothing stops you from having your sim. I don't upload anything I've done to the gallery anyway, I don't see it necessary t oshare everything. Change the name to something else. Croix. Coke. Coax? Notme.
Message 308 of 433 (1,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@crinrictRead through thread and don't think I saw anyone mention "nuts" being a banned word. I know it's a euphemism for certain anatomical items, also a euphemism for crazy, also a mild expletive along the lines of "rats", but it's also a perfectly acceptable word occurring in the names for various foods. Discovered this when making a comment on the gallery about something or another driving me "crazy."

Thought if was funny.

Message 309 of 433 (1,056 Views)

★★ Guide

Saya Fukada. 

My favorite part of this is that she is NOT my creation. She's a sim who the game itself created and named. I met her at one of my sim's graduation ceremonies and liked her. So I decided to restyle her a bit and save her to the gallery, and welp... 

Message 310 of 433 (1,007 Views)