Re: Disallowed words Sims 4

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Re: Unjustly Blocked Name.

★★ Pro

@justmeish1997  Well, Americans too apparently when we use garden spades or play cards and there is the spade suit. EA bans even the oldest slang people probably have long forgotten about. In the sand we do call it a bucket and shovel for some reason in the US. The only reason I figured it out was searching "slang (insert word)". It's usually a process to isolate the exact letter combination but something told me what it'd be with yours because bucket or and just didn't make sense.

Message 271 of 433 (1,061 Views)

Re: Unjustly Blocked Name.

★ Apprentice

Indeed strange

Message 272 of 433 (1,055 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★★ Novice

This is not allowed: #charlesboyle

I tried to share Brooklyn Nine-Nine characters and I couldn't manage to share without getting that warning. I eliminated everything and find out that for some reason the character named Charles Boyle can't be put as a hashtag with his name and surnamed combined. I put a hashtag before the words separately: #charles #boyle

Message 273 of 433 (1,022 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★★ Pro
@simsilarity Maybe it’s because of “lesbo”.
Message 274 of 433 (995 Views)

★★★ Novice
i have tried to create a sister and niece for valdislaus straud, but it wont let me share them, and when it gives me the warning about disallowed words it just says that SOMETHING SOMEWHERE in a name or description anywhere on the family contains a disallowed word. that’s completely frickin useless information! it needs to be more specific, i need to know if it is in one of their names or in the modified description
the sister is named Casimira Straud and her daughter is named Sophia Straud. if there’s anything amiss there i have no idea what it is.
Message 275 of 433 (966 Views)

★ Novice

Why is Terwilliger banned, EA? It's a legit last name meaning "river-bend where wood is obtained".

Message 276 of 433 (922 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
@KuroMikoNeko Maybe because of “willi”, because it sounds like “willy”. It has been seen before that they’ve banned words which sound like other words, for example, if I remember correctly, they’ve banned Cox (which is a surname), because it sounds like “c o c k s”.
Message 277 of 433 (893 Views)

★★ Pro

@PeacockDawson  I tried making those names and I wasn't warned they had bad names. So it must be something in the description as you put it. I didn't know that could be a problem, but it isn't their name. I even tried combining their last names in with their first names to see if there was something wrong with them in combination. You can check by trying to make them and it'll warn you before you can place them, after they show you the "family portrait". It has to be something besides their names.

Message 278 of 433 (847 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PriestessAvenara OK I should have updated this, sorry- I think what was ACTUALLY happening was a connectivity issue. when I restarted my ps4 I no longer got this message. so there is probably some kind of glitch or issue where instead of telling me it cannot connect to the gallery it tells me the names are prohibited? my internet itself was fine but I did later notice connection issue within the sims, which is when I restarted
Message 279 of 433 (789 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

★★★★★ Novice

I'm actually not 100% sure what name in my family is unallowed.  The family is the Comic family and I've uploaded other members without an issue so it has to be someone current.  The current household members are:

Olive - can't really see an issue with this one.

Oceana - it's a nature-themed family so this was obviously for the ocean

Lily - just a flower

Rye - which I'm guessing is the name getting caught, but it's a plant in the cereal family.

Reed - Which is suppose could be flagged for some random reason, but also just a plant.

The only other member is an EA generated sim named Analisa.....so my guess is it's actually her, but EA named her that, I did not choose this name it's the name she was generated with. 

Message 280 of 433 (726 Views)