Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by justmeish1997

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Please post all words which are unjustified disallowed by the filter in here.

I won't be answering anything but this thread is monitored by EA.

It wouldn't let me have "Bucket and Spade" not sure which one is a banned word but it's pretty harmless wouldn't you say

Message 261 of 433 (970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

i created a family with 2 sims.. 

One is Hashita Padmanabhan and the other is Masami Kobayashi.. when i want to upload them to the gallery, it tells me the name i use is not allowed... like, The Hell????? 

Harshita means"green" and Padmanabhan means "Lotus Navel" (which comes from the hindu god Vishnu, where the story tell that Brahma came out of a Lotus that came from lord Vishnus navel) in Sanskrit

Masami means "become beautifull" and Kobayashi means "small forest" in Japanese

Message 262 of 433 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@TheSwissOpossumProbably because of “*” in Hashita. Sooo, a lot of Japanese names aren’t allowed either I guess. 🙄

Edit: Okay, it got censored. The word I wrote was  s h i t.

Message 263 of 433 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The other day I made a sim with the last name Cocksfield, that’s an actual name. I didn’t even think about it being a problem until the gallery said no. A  c o c k  is a cockerel, a young rooster, a bird. Come on. I know what it also means, but come on.

Message 264 of 433 (889 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Harshita means green in sanskrit... what should someone do whos actuall name is it? So basically they cant upload theyre simself eather?

Message 265 of 433 (875 Views)

★★ Novice

My character is Rita Rue and it says that she can't be saved to the gallery because her name has a disallowed word and I even went to the internet to see how her name is considered bad (why else would it be disallowed) and I couldn't find anything.

Message 266 of 433 (795 Views)

★★ Pro

@YumeiShimein  I tried making a character named Rita Rue, but when I did it I wasn't told her name had a disallowed word. I was confused because usually I can dig up any dirt. I even tried combining her full name together as a first name and was still told it was fine. Just to be sure I tested one I knew wouldn't go through and sure enough got told I was using a disallowed word that time. Rita Rue should be fine. Do you play in English too?

Message 267 of 433 (777 Views)

Unjustly Blocked Name.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Spooky stuff, Get Famous, Get To Work, Island Living, City Living, Vampires, Holiday stuff, Tiny Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Name a Character Gyeong Hyun Sook, try to play or upload to gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't let me upload my Sim to the gallery, meaning that her name is banned.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to upload my character to the library with her South Korean name.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hey! I know this isn't technically a bug, but it's still super frustrating nonetheless. I can't think of a single reason why "Gyeong Hyun Sook" would be a banned name. I can't think of any words it might sound like. It just was bothering me. It's not that big of a deal on a surface level, but shes going to be an author and will eventually write auto biographies, and I really don't want her own name to be banned. I don't want to give her a bland new one just to keep it from disappearing when writing book descriptions. Is there a way I (or we) can fix this?

Message 268 of 433 (775 Views)

Re: Unjustly Blocked Name.

★★ Pro

@justmeish1997  Spade is a derogatory word for an African American apparently.

@ThatOneFunAnon  Sook is Australian slang. I'd feel more comfortable saying to look up "slang sook" than explaining it how they did personally. It's in the Urban Dictionary and easy to find. From what I've seen once EA bans something they don't stop. So it looks like she can't have that last name. Sorry. Frown

Message 269 of 433 (708 Views)

Re: Unjustly Blocked Name.

★ Apprentice

Wow! I guess all British kids are accidentally racist... So weird

Message 270 of 433 (704 Views)