Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

i was creating a household with one of the sims' names being Muffy. when i saved the household it told me one of the sims had an inappropriate first name and i changed both around to see which and apparently "muffy" is an inappropriate word... even though it's a legitimate name. its safe to say that i was confused.

Message 241 of 433 (980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SeaStorrm“*” is slang for vulva and public hair in both English and Swedish. If that’s the reason for it to be disallowed it’s really unjustified, because “*” is a part of a lot of words in both English and Swedish, for example “muffin”. 🙄

Edit: It even got censored here... The star is for “m u f f”, but without the spaces.

Message 242 of 433 (959 Views)

★★ Pro

@NyteDarkDragon I assure you the problem is Spook. It's an old derogatory slang for an African American. I've seen another person on a Let's Play have that as their only potential bad word and be unable to upload her band of cats as well. I'm sorry EA is so sensitive. It's such old slang that it takes looking the term up to even know it ever was a bad word. I'm pretty sure anyone who might have spoken it to be mean is long since dead back when the meaning was actually known.

Message 243 of 433 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have a Muslim family, all startsstart with Q. Most have grown up and moved out but I am left with Qwendolyn still triggering the warning when I edit.  No idea why it would be banned?

Message 244 of 433 (871 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★ Novice

I have lived in the USA my whole life, and not once have I heard of "spade" being a taboo word. please explain this. Also, I remade the Nigmos family, because I am re-doing all of the Sims 2 families in Sims 4, and for some reason EA I suppose has a Nigmos in the system, yet it says if I want to  upload the family later(which I do because I plan on uploading all the OG families, this will now allow me to upload Frown What the heck.

Message 245 of 433 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MrsCroweRealOMG same!!! So it was only with Ophelia? I made Willow and Creon as well in order to keep her genealogy/relationship connections(killed them once moved them into Olive's house via drowning). It might be with their last name Nigmos instead of Ophelia. Maybe because it has * in it? I don't know, but it's stupid.

OMG!! It IS because it has n I g in it! Lame

Message 246 of 433 (829 Views)

★★ Pro

@babyfishmouth77  This one took me some time but it's the e n d o. I'm sure of it. It has to do with a part of a plant that is an illegal drug. And this is what I mean when I say their bans teach us bad things because when we are banned we want to know why. Then we look and we look and we learn bad things. However, I feel you deserved to know which letters to avoid.

Message 247 of 433 (795 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Apparently the name "Sk33t" as in "Sk33t Bayless" from the Sims 3: Ambitions, is a banned name. Seriously?
Message 248 of 433 (754 Views)

★★ Pro

@AedanStarfang  How strange. There was an old game I play that eventually banned all their NPC names. Which might not have been so bad except it was a medieval role playing encouraged game and one of the NPC's names was Dar. You can imagine the male players who might have wanted Darius or to end their made up names with dar were most displeased. I knew of one actually who came up with the "perfect name" only to realize it had dar in it. Hahaha.

Anyway, the first thing that came up with a slang search was that it is slang for "displeasing". Further investigating found a much more mature meaning for it that must be more recent than that expansion. Honestly, knowing its slang would make me not want to use the name either now. *laughs* To be polite, it's something males do once they've hit puberty, the expelling of a certain fluid. Natural, nothing to be ashamed of, but not exactly something you'd want to name your SIM.

Message 249 of 433 (743 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have literally never heard of that slang. I've heard the name 'Skeeter' from the Muppets TV Series and from the 90's Nickelodeon show 'Doug', and the name is actually derived from one of EA/Maxis' own sims 'Skeet Bayless' from the Sims 3: Ambitions. I guess if that actually is a popular slang term, I guess? But I have literally never heard of this until you mentioned it.

Message 250 of 433 (685 Views)