Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by MsPigglyPooh

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@helenthehunter Well... That's unfortunate... Since the place is canonically named Larry's Lagoon -.-
Message 231 of 433 (1,253 Views)

★★ Guide

Saved something with the word "poop deck," and was told that it had a disallowed word. I'm guessing it's because of "poop." Seriously? We're censoring "poop" in a game that's rated Teen? Come on! The word, "poop," even comes up in-game! "Take an angry poop," anyone?

Message 232 of 433 (1,228 Views)

★★ Guide

@SqueamishNerd  Can you put a hyphen or underscore in there? Don't know if it will help but may be worth a try.

Message 233 of 433 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@helenthehunter Then nobody would find it by the tag. :/ I just tagged it with #Larrys instead.
Message 234 of 433 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

"The Foxbury commons, fondly referred to as Larry's Lagoon, is the perfect place for students to recharge after a long day of classes. There's food, and lots of space to study or work on homework when students are tired of dealing with their roommates. Computers and Robotics Workstations gives everyone a chance to use the latest technology to get kickstart to a new term."

This is the description for Britechester's, Larry's Lagoon lot, but it's telling me there's a disallowed word in it. This is what THEY wrote! Not my words but the words that came with the place... so please someone tell me whats inappropriate about this description that MAXIS gave their own build... please... so I can post my renovation of it to the galley... because this is ridiculous... Confused

*Edited to add I put #LarrysLagoon and I'm guessing the "sLag" in it is inappropriate... le sigh... these disallowed words are getting ridiculous especially when one isnt even separating that as a word so now I have the dang thing as #Larrylagoon... this is sad... so much for people being able to find it using larry's lagoon...

Message 235 of 433 (1,109 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MsPigglyPooh I guess it's dealing :o
Message 236 of 433 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apparently the name "Mufasa" is banned. I made a family and got told someone's name wasn't allowed. Spent time going through all sims, changing the spelling one after one to see if it changed anything. The one name that gave result was Mufasa, and I don't understand why. XD 

Message 237 of 433 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@zubiilaAccording to Urban Dictionary “fasa” means “butt” in Bengali. Google Translate suggests that it means “kink”, but it also seems to mean a lot of other words in Bengali, so it’s just a guess that “fasa” is the thing that makes “Mufasa” disallowed.

Message 238 of 433 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SqueamishNerd Thank you, that solved the mystery.

Message 239 of 433 (973 Views)

★★★ Novice

Was making a family based on mine and couldn't use my grandparents' last name, Kijewski (Key-yev-ski). I'm assuming because it contains "jew." Guess a handful of Polish names are off the table.

Message 240 of 433 (909 Views)