Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

by LadyGray01

Original Post

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★★ Novice

Spook is actually sometimes used as a racial slur against black people in the U.S. 

Message 201 of 206 (328 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

★★★★ Novice

I am trying to name and share to the gallery my Restaurant "Charlie's Place" and it says it is a disallowed word.  I took away the word "Charlie's" and tried to share, and it won't do anything.

Message 202 of 206 (276 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NeverlastingRose I wonder if this is still a problem considering they have talk like a pirate day as a holiday....
Message 203 of 206 (233 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

★★★★ Novice

I discovered the Ophelia Nigmos issue today myself. I downloaded them from the gallery, saw that her last name was wrong and changed it. Now I'm getting the popup about it being forbidden. Seriously?? A Sims 2 character is forbidden because it has a prefix that is part of a bad word. The filter needs to look at more than 3 letters. I was planning on making all the Sims in her graveyard, so I assume it'll bother me when I get to Creon too.

Message 204 of 206 (201 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi crinrict! I'm glad I found this thread. I tried adding a family, based from The Sims 1 with the surname "Hick". Apparently, the word "Hick" is considered a bad word. Does the studio fix these "disallowed" words by reading this thread?

Hick Family

Message 205 of 206 (171 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I created a Colonial style house, and was trying to describe it as such. They've banned the word Colonial. It's an architecture style! I put in a butler's pantry, not a slave's hovel out back.

Message 206 of 206 (116 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help