Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by ObliviousCarrot

Original Post

★ Guide

I'm thinking the filter only looks for combinations of letters not the entire word. This is the only  reason I can think of for the forum to filter  cocked. Had to go back and put tilted instead, as in "he tilted his head" to get rid of the replacement plum. 

Message 191 of 433 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sorry, I got the notification when I tried to create a cat named Atsushi, I hadn't gotten a warning before in that household, and it was gone once I removed the cat, so I assumed that was the disallowed word.

But now that I think about it, I manually wrote the breed instead of selecting a pre-existing one. I wrote "Maine Coon", and the last part by itself is offensive. Could that have been it?

Message 192 of 433 (1,643 Views)

★ Novice

Mufasa. Way is Mufasa not allowed. I am making all the lions from lion king but I can’t upload Mufasa because his name is not allowed.

Message 193 of 433 (1,602 Views)

★ Novice

How about Darkleer? What's wrong with that? Can that be allowed pls lol

Message 194 of 433 (1,533 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★ Newbie

Likewise, why is this word not allowed as a family name in Sims 4? It's not like I participate in the community at large, but come on.  Fix this.  I mean there are real people with the last name of Spade.  David Spade? Hello anyone?

Message 195 of 433 (1,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I tried to upload a family and in the description tried to use the contraction he'll (he will) because I ran out of word space. I had to get creative to get around that. Apparently the filter ignores apostrophes.

Also on the forums I used the word beach in reference to the retailer that erroneously tried to take pre-orders for a tropical paradise pack (based on a forum post in March wanting one), and got plum'd.

Message 196 of 433 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It doesn't like Spade because of racial slurs. Same with Maine c-o-o-n
This forum even hates that!

Message 197 of 433 (1,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I named a pair of apartment blocks built in the LA inspired world, Del Sol Valley, and I couldn't write "dingbats" - I'm aware its a rude name to call an old bag/old person, but why should it be banned? Its a harmless word, and its the name of the sort of buildings I was emulating. Very frustrating, and extremely odd. 

Message 198 of 433 (1,360 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The name "Suko" is apparently disallowed. The only connotation for it I can think of is on Urban Dictionary. (Which I might add is unreliable.) I am pretty sure Suko (Pronounced Sew Ko) is a name people from Japan actually have. EA should not rely on user submitted definitions on urban dictionary to censor words. If i was from japan and my name was Suko and I couldn't use my own name then I would be pretty miffed. 

Message 199 of 433 (1,296 Views)

★ Guide

Where in the US? I've lived in California and Texas and have never even heard Spade was a slur until today. 

Message 200 of 433 (1,276 Views)