Re: Disallowed words Sims 4

by sleekoduck87

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

★ Novice

Hugh's is disallowed for some reason. Naming my character Hugh is fine though. I was just mentioning his daughter in the description. 

Message 181 of 433 (1,333 Views)

★★★ Guide

Named my erratic hobo sim Bish Bosh. Bish is disallowed. Seriously!?

Message 182 of 433 (1,268 Views)

Re: Disallowed words Sims 4

★ Guide

@talie-clare wrote:

I downloaded the Sims 4 demo and me and my fiance were having a giggle making our characters until we tried to save, you see, his surname is Cox. It wouldnt let us save because it was a "disallowed word"... SERIOUSLY EA?!?!

Cox is actually a pretty common surname. What is going on?

Kennedy Cox was one of the townies in TS2!

Message 183 of 433 (1,238 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★ Guide

@Hollowkira wrote:
I have a family, the spades. For some reason the word "spade" is banned. I am not aware if this is a bad word but please fix if possible, I have been using the same family name since sims 1

It actually is kind of taboo in the USA. I would vote to keep it banned, to be honest.

Message 184 of 433 (1,235 Views)

★ Guide

After reading about half of the posts in this thread, it became pretty clear that something is wrong with the AI that runs the filter.

Sad Robot

"But somewhere on this planet, that letter combination could upset someone. I am programmed to prevent suffering."

#SnowflakeRobots

Message 185 of 433 (1,234 Views)

★ Novice
Call them the Shovels
Message 186 of 433 (1,186 Views)

★ Novice

Atsushi, a common japanese given name, is disallowed for some reason. The only thing slightly similar to Atsushi you can find in urbandictionary is "Atshishi", a gross mispelling of hashish with less than 5 upvotes...

Message 187 of 433 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Novice

I couldn't save Ophelia Nigmos, who is a character from The Sims 2 base game. This is frustrating when trying to recreate my favorite og sims characters and they won't even let me save a name THEY used in the past? 

Message 188 of 433 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Novice
Agreed, I'm an adult and I've never heard of that as a dirty term. There's no reason to block so many innocents words because they've been given OBSCURE derogetory meanings??
Message 189 of 433 (1,100 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Yomieda 

"Atsushi" is not disallowed.  If you search the Gallery for that word, there are many uploads with that name.  Maybe another word is being banned?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 190 of 433 (1,093 Views)