Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

by Eris_Adrienne

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Try to write something in Polish - every fifth word is not allowed, That's probably why my countrymen prefer to write in English, By the way, I can explain why the word "suka" is banned. In Polish it means a * and is used in an offensive context. Edit I see it is banned here too  Standard smile OK wife of dog 
But why we should feel offensive that someone from another country used this word? I do not understand it. Polish is just as popular language in interpersonal communication as Eskimo. Equally, we could be feel very offended by Spaniards when they say. "Watch out on the bend!" But I will not say which word in this sentence is a very ugly word in my language.

Message 171 of 433 (1,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The word "Master" is a disallowed word on the gallery. I was trying to use the hashtag master bathroom and could not share my build until the word master was removed. 11-24-18

Message 172 of 433 (1,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no clue which of the names I used are disallowed but I was trying to create a sim for X.A.N.A. from Code Lyoko. I didn't come up with a very creative last name and just went with Virus because that's what he is in the show(a virus). Not sure why either of them would be disallowed or even which word was the problem. I know it's not specifically because X.A.N.A. isn't a real name because I've named a sim "Connor RK800" from Detroit: Become Human. Maybe * is a drug name? I dunno, I just think it's stupid(even more so if the problem word ends up being virus).

Message 173 of 433 (1,701 Views)

★★ Guide

Back when dine out first came out I made a restaurant names Bristo Monte Cristo but it wouldn't let me upload to the gallery. What I find odd is theres a sandwich the game called the Monte Cristo sandwich so I'm a bit confused on why it's not allowed in the gallery. I had to change the name to Bristo Monte Bristo. 

Message 174 of 433 (1,692 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so I am a serious collector, and realizing that poop comes in different colors I wanted to see what people had amassed so far. I could find nothing on the gallery by searching for the term actually used in-game.

The bizarreness of that particular problem is not lost on me, but I really don't want to have to wait for my cat to drop a large rainbow to complete my collection. Seriously.

Message 175 of 433 (1,659 Views)

★ Novice

I just wanted to give Count Vladislaus Straud IV a daughter. Her name is Sabine Straud, and she has a cat named Hershey. Other than those 2 names, I haven't altered anything: the cat is marked as Mixed breed, the family name I had to change to just Straud as it was flagging me for having too many letters, and now it's saying I have something inappropriate and it cannot be uploaded. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here...?

Message 176 of 433 (1,596 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had this too! All I tried doing was saving Vladislaus to my library, as I do with all EA sims, and apparently, the description that EA put for him is vulgar... meanwhile on the gallery I found a sim named "Nicki Dicki"

Message 177 of 433 (1,577 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zasz_Zerg "Darky" is a racial slur referring to black people
Message 178 of 433 (1,572 Views)

★★ Novice
I was trying to make myself as a sim. And apparently my name, Leezbeth, is disallowed. I had to change it to Liz. But why the hell is Leezbeth even disallowed?
Message 179 of 433 (1,530 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I was not able to create/save a sim with the last name of Hicks - disallowed word. But I was allowed to change her last name to Hickey and it went through without a problem.
Message 180 of 433 (1,509 Views)