Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by Kementari1771

Original Post

why is Kelly for a last name not allowed? or why is Newland banned too?

★★★ Newbie
i dont get it y are the 2 names i chose so bad?
Message 141 of 433 (1,711 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

★★★ Newbie
i just had that happen to 2 last names i had. one was kelly and the other was newland
Message 142 of 433 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if I'm the first person that had this issue or not (more likely not)

But apparently "Spade" is a disallowed word?

I'm minding my own business decided to create a new family... or in this case a new sim, simple and then when I go to save it I get this notification that a sim's name or last name or the title has a disallowed word and I see the caution button next the title which of course is "Spade" which doesn't exactly make sense to me, I don't know how or why "Spade" is censored but... it is??

Message 143 of 433 (1,671 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Spook??? Spook?? I spent 20 minutes trying to find the word and it was spook!! They have a spooky stuff pack!! And then I realized
(s)poo(k)

Message 144 of 433 (1,662 Views)

★★★ Novice

The name "Cailleach" (Scottish and Irish) is disallowed. I used it anyway, because I don't upload.

I sure would love to meet the individuals who came up with all these disallowed words. They seem very fearful of just about anything "different." 

Message 145 of 433 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Piranha was flagged as a disallowed word in my description of a room on the gallery. It is not disallowed on the forum though.

Message 146 of 433 (1,497 Views)

★★ Guide
As the seasons expansion is quickly approaching, I was very excited to hear that we would be able to create our own holidays. I’m Jewish so I’m looking forward to recreating the most important holidays to me. I was building a sukkah (part of the holiday Sukkot) and I wanted to save it to my library for future use. The game is telling me that both sukkah and sukkot are disallowed words. Is it because they are Jewish words? That doesn’t seem just at all.
Message 147 of 433 (1,462 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Nigiri" was not allowed on the gallery (tried to write pufferfish nigiri)

Message 148 of 433 (1,426 Views)

★★ Guide

@Jessycaz wrote:
As the seasons expansion is quickly approaching, I was very excited to hear that we would be able to create our own holidays. I’m Jewish so I’m looking forward to recreating the most important holidays to me. I was building a sukkah (part of the holiday Sukkot) and I wanted to save it to my library for future use. The game is telling me that both sukkah and sukkot are disallowed words. Is it because they are Jewish words? That doesn’t seem just at all.

I'm guessing it's because in English they sound a lot like "sucker", which can be used as an insult.

Message 149 of 433 (1,380 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★ Newbie

I just named a household "klance" after the pairing of characters I had made for that save, and the hame told me that it was disallowed. I'm really confused as to why "klance" would be banned, unless theres a hidden meaning that I don't know about.

Message 150 of 433 (1,332 Views)