Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by daarsim

Original Post

Re: Disallowed words Sims 4

★ Apprentice

Well, my internet is provided by Cox Cable so if it wasn't for Cox I wouldn't be able to write this reply.

Message 121 of 433 (2,260 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think the so called profanity filter is broken. I just tried to create a new family with the following names:

Daar Zan (human Sim)

Eddie Zan (cat Sim)

Mokah Zan (cat Sim)

I got the disallowed word warning. I've uploaded Daar Zan before. Don't know why Eddie would be banned. Tried changing Mokah though don't know why that would be banned either. Nothing I tried was allowed. I literally just tried putting single letters in as the names and still got the banned word warning. The description is blank. It seems literally any text whatsoever is now a disallowed word. Pathetic.

Message 122 of 433 (2,256 Views)

Re: Why is Krauter not an accepted last name?

★ Apprentice

Could someone look into the filter because as of 11-10-2017 I cannot even put a literal single letter in as a name without getting the disallowed word warning. Did someone accidentally replace the profanity dictionary with just... the alphabet?

Sim name?

"M"

Disallowed

Sim name?

"E"

Disallowed

Sim name?

"Z"

DISALLOWED!

Message 123 of 433 (2,255 Views)

★ Novice

I tried to name a cat 'Suki'

Apparently this is a disallowed word. I have no idea why, because so far as I cannot find any meaning for 'Suki' that isn't harmless. It essentially means 'esteemed customer' in Japanese.

It is also a name I've seen used pretty frequently...

Message 124 of 433 (2,236 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★ Novice

I was trying to save a MaineCoon cat, and after a while of trying to figure out what word was disallowed, I found out it was the word "*." If censored, it's the second word in MaineCoon. MaineCoon is two words.

Does this make sense to anybody?

Message 125 of 433 (2,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

I named my first sims Sam and Dean Spade and it said that it contained a disallowed word but let me continue regardless.

Message 126 of 433 (2,197 Views)

★ Novice
Apparently the name “Analise” with one n is blocked but not the name Annalise with 2 n’s. Discovered that today. Not a common name but thought I would share.
Message 127 of 433 (2,181 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys, I was for fun making the Lions of The Lion King (Dogs) - Mufasa and Scar specifically, though apparently part of Mufasa's name isn't allowed.Raised eyebrow

And google says its apparently the "asa" part,..

Message 128 of 433 (2,165 Views)

Re: Censored words that arn't bad (fix ever?)

★★ Novice

Hi, look my last name is Hicks. This is a common last name originating from Ireland but has grown in America. Of course I understand where the censored word comes from meaning hill-billy, red-neck and the like. What's confusing me is that I have shared people with the last name Hicks in sims 4 before, but as of 12/22/2017 I can not. Was there a recent change stopping this? If so, is there a way this can be fixed or bypassed. I just want to use my last name again.

Message 129 of 433 (2,119 Views)

★★ Guide

Wrote he'll in the description of a household I wanted to share, but wasn't allowed to. Guess it looks too similar to hellDisappointed

Message 130 of 433 (2,108 Views)