Re: Bug Report The Sims 4 (Update 2nd June 2016)

by martha4858

Original Post

Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

Hero

Tagging @SimGuruRusskii for this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 433 (3,208 Views)

Bug Report The Sims 4 (Update 2nd June 2016)

★★ Novice

I'd like to report a bug that's occurred today (2nd June 2016)

Game: The Sims 4

Platform PC

Launch type 32bit

I created a Sim and gave her the last name 'Cox'. For some reason this name was disallowed and can't be uploaded to my Sims account. I've no idea why, as Cox is an actual real last name.

As I was about to move her into Newcrest, I realised I selected new game and Newcrest was empty. So I saved that game and loaded up my first save that has a populated Newcrest. I wanted to move her into there. I I clicked on Household Management to try find her, to move her in but she's not there. So, I opened My Library to try find her in there but she's not there either. The game seems to have completely deleted my Sim.

I also got a note saying my Sim contains custom content and some items may not be available to me. I don't have any custom content. I only have The Base Game and the free Christmas Stuff Pack. I have nothing else.

My game is completely up to date. I downloaded and installed the latest update today. (2nd June 2016)

Why has the game deleted my Sim?

Message 72 of 433 (3,238 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mazdamjmx5

I moved your post to The Sim's 4 bug report page.

Message 73 of 433 (3,198 Views)

Hero

@mazdamjmx5

merged your disallowed word into this one.

For your other issue, might be that your Sim was falsely tagged as having CC: You can post here about that: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-OPEN-Sims-uploaded-to-the-gallery-wrongly-mar...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 433 (3,191 Views)

Hero

Well it's IS a rude word ...

Maybe there could be something one if it's not standalone ?

@SimGuruRusskii

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 75 of 433 (3,162 Views)

★ Novice

I wanted to name a sim "Suki" after the character in Avatar: the Last Airbender but it wouldn't let me upload her to the gallery Frown I don't see why, I don't she any bad words. :/

Message 76 of 433 (3,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I put the word "a s sets" in my household description, to show which DLC packs I pulled resources from, and got the disallowed word warning. It's an actual word in the english dictionary which seems strange to censor. Allowing words that are letter-for-letter in dictionaries, excluding obviously rude entries, may help the problem?

Message 77 of 433 (3,055 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I made a post about this until I found this thread.

I tried to upload Comedian Bill Hicks, and "Hicks" is a word that is disallowed. Over 180,000 people in the US have this as their surname. 

I tried to compromise with the system, I made his Family Name (the one shown in the Gallery) "Comedian Bill", then I tried to save him with his correct last name, and no luck.

I'm bummed because I worked a long time on trying to capture his facial features. I used pictures with several angles for reference and everything. 

I had to upload him as "Comedian Bill Ricks" with the last name Ricks, even though I wanted to upload him with his real name. IDK why people can upload Angelina Jolie with her real name but I can't upload Bill Hicks with his :/.

EDIT: I'm a "noob" to this forum, but I have been playing The Sims since the first one came out. I am not a noob, I am a long time customer and fan of "The Sims". I've read through this thread, and Crin, whom I have a lot of respect for from lurking, says in some cases why he or she can see a word is offensive. In many of these cases, there is a name from another language that means something "offensive" in Englilsh. I respect you Crin for trying to compile the list, though you yourself said you're really not going to do anything about these weird words anymore, and I was already creative in my approach to "solving" my issue, so I know it won't be addressed. For all you know, somewhere "Crin" is an offensive term. It seems counter-Maxis (before they sold out to EA) to be so US-centric and so into censorship. People from all over the world play and mod this game, and they can't use their own surnames or surnames of the ones they love because EA is afraid of US Americans like me getting offended because it appears like a "bad" word we have. "Hick" isn't even a bad or racist word, and it is the surname of a lot of US Americans. It is a pejorative term in some contexts, that is all. EA continues to disappoint me in its handling of this game. I doubt I'll be buying the Sims 5; I probably won't be able to use the word "doodle" on that game, because some people use it to refer to their private parts. Crin is tired of people treating him or her badly; its not his or her fault. It's EA, and I'm tired of them sucking the life out of my favorite game. 

Message 78 of 433 (3,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I attempted to make my sim "Pippi" and the sims 4 did not approve one bit.
It also wouldn't save.
Message 79 of 433 (2,920 Views)

Hero

Well, I can kinda see why. Might not be that unjustified but thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 433 (3,032 Views)