Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

As said over and over many times, English is not my mother tongue.  It's not easy to always find the exact right words to not offend anyone in a language that is not your own.

Always take into consideration that not everyone on the Internet knows all the finesse of a language before taking offense in something someone says.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 433 (3,104 Views)

★ Apprentice

I understand now, Crinrict, since you have explained it, that it was not meant to sound as harsh as it came across. I have not been reading all of your posts, so this is the first I have heard that English is not your first language. You could have fooled me, as you sound very fluent in your responses. That is a compliment. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Message 62 of 433 (3,095 Views)

Hero

Thanks Standard smile

All good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 433 (3,087 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had a several but I can't remember them except for two. "Flufflebottom" is one of them. I try to make up silly names when doing mine as generic ones get rather dull but apparently "-bottom" is a "bad word". The other one of "Snuffaluffagus" (taken from Sesame Street that I came up with on the fly). I'm assuming it was the letter arrangement "-*-" in the name that triggered it. I mean, I can understand some words like as it IS a "teen" game but come on now.

Message 64 of 433 (3,063 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i find sometimes it's the first name of the Sim than can be the issue not the surname I've just made a Sim with the Flufflebottom surname and she uploaded fine

Message 65 of 433 (3,034 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hmn....Then they must have fixed it since then as I had done in a long time ago when SIms 4 was first released. Nice to know I can use it now. =)

Message 66 of 433 (2,980 Views)

★ Novice
The name Cona was disallowed, and I'm not sure why.
Message 67 of 433 (2,869 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Steven Stone's original japanese first name, Daigo, is disallowed.

And for some odd reason, hyphenated last names prevent households from being saved.

Message 68 of 433 (2,844 Views)

Hero

Masterbedroom will no longer be blocked by the profanity filter when sharing to the Gallery.
  • Masterbathroom you’re next.

One down, many more to go

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 433 (2,799 Views)

★★ Guide

So I was trying to make a name of a retail  (I made it for the new game pack Dine Out coming out ) Le Bristo Monte Cristo and it wouldnt let me post it. found out the word Cristo is banned which means Christ in portuguese. Why is that a banned word?! I only wanted to use it because it was catchy. It wasnt for religious reasons. But not its Bristo monte Bristo (-___-) 

Message 70 of 433 (2,774 Views)