Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

by shepherdmoon

Original Post

Hero

I think the ui doesn't help either. Can be read as you Standard smile

But I agree, it's alway hard with foreign languages. Completely innocent words in one language can be read as something bad in another.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 433 (3,389 Views)

★★ Novice
I made my boyfriend and I married in the game and his last name is Nordyke. I always get the error everytime I'm in CAS. I guess I can see how it has the word * in it but it's a legitimate Dutch last name. Plenty of people have it.
Message 52 of 433 (3,379 Views)

I can't use my last name

★★★ Newbie
My name is Mykayla Shank and because of my last name being Shank, I cant use my own last name. What am I suppost to do now rhrn I cant even make my own family? I could use my last name on Sims 3, why cant I use it now?
Message 53 of 433 (3,385 Views)

Hero

@MykaylaKittyCat I moved your thread to Unjustified disallowed words. I doubt there's much you can do and I don't know why it's censored. Guess you need to be creative.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 433 (3,367 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is 6 pages, so it would be difficult for me to check to see if this was already mentioned: apologies if it was.

"Stupid" is not a bad word. I would allow my toddler to say it, although I would let them know it isn't a "nice" word, so they should not go around calling other people that. The Sims is rated for an even higher age, so if a toddler can say it with some caveats, I don't understand why it's censored in the forums.

Message 55 of 433 (3,341 Views)

Hero

So people don't call each other names ? 

Really don't know though, thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 433 (3,335 Views)

★★ Apprentice

NO.8194

seriously, i had to use a space between the point & the 8

NO. 8194

to get the lot named that way uploaded to the Gallery

i don't even want to know what an obscure idea lurks behind that :robotmad:

Message 57 of 433 (3,333 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

"So people don't call each other names ?"

That was a snarky response... see, I bet "snarky" isn't censored, even though that would have been considered an insult. It is *stupid* to completely censor an innocent word because someone might use it to hurt someone's feelings. We adults can find very creative ways to hurt each-other's feelings, even with those words being censored. This is an adult site, not a kindergarten site, yes? And pre-teens and teenagers should be able to handle that word as well. Sorry for my snarky response, but it seemed warranted under the circumstances. 

Message 58 of 433 (3,307 Views)

Hero

I really don't see how trying to find an explanation for why EA did this is snarky.

How should I know ?

I guess there's no use in trying to answer this thread anymore. I don't know why EA does this or that and there's no reason to be rude to me (cause I think you're being rude now)

Everyone is welcome to post their words here of course but don't expect me to answer anymore. I'm really tired of people attacking me for trying to compile stuff and help people. I really don't need this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 433 (3,295 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. However, "So people don't call each other names ?" is offensively worded, as it sounds extremely sarcastic. A better way to word it would have been "I think that they may have banned that word to discourage people from calling each other names". If you'd said it that way, I wouldn't' have taken offence and everything would have been fine. We should all treat each other with the utmost respect here, on both sides, and avoid belittling one-another. The purpose of this site is to make things better, not insult one-another with trite responses.

Message 60 of 433 (3,284 Views)