Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: What is wrong with this link?

★★★ Novice

Did you put a link using master-bedroom in the description field? Or just in the title of the item?

Did you happen to try lh3 (LH3) just in case that was the culprit? I just want to be sure it is understood that the issue was with putting that particular link into the description field before uploading to the Gallery. The description field is where it was rejected.

If you need to test the link Itself to see if it will do the same to you, please feel free to do so. I have no problem with someone using the link to test uploading to the Gallery with it in the description field.

https://wolfeyessims4.wordpress.com/2015/03/12/lh3-master-bedroom/

If it was just a glitch, no problem. If it was a filter problem then I need to know what word or symbol I need to avoid using so I can change the links that WordPress generates.

Sorry, not trying to be  pain. Just making sure I have eliminated all possible causes so I can start looking at the more unlikely causes. I don't mind troubleshooting, just don't want to have to do more than necessary. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 41 of 433 (4,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I was able to duplicate your issue.

The link doesn't work

I narrowed it down to being  master-bedroom

You can upload stuff with master bedroom or just master or just bedroom but if you put master-bedroom, you'll get the message

@WolfEyes59 @SimGuruRusskii 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 433 (4,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hopefully this is being looked into.

Message 43 of 433 (4,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No biggie, as I went into cheat mode to change theSim's name..
But I created a family that had a foods naming convention for first born in game generation, as my founder Mom was a foodie.

Her second child, I named "Muffie" when she was born, as I didn't like "Muffin" so named her the nickname.

After Muffie grew to a child, and I went into CAS to change her clothing, every time I used CAS I got "Can't upload due to disallowed words" errors.

(I wasn't even trying to upload)

I finally got tired of the error, and cheated to rename her Muffin. I haven't had the nag screen since, so I know the issue WAS the Muffie name.

I have no idea why this is banned, and haven't investigated to see... but even if it IS a validly blocked word, the TIMEING is NOT good.

Warn about names WHEN NAMING THE BABY.... Don't wait until you have to enter a CHEAT code to fix the problem.

Frown

Message 44 of 433 (4,060 Views)

★★★ Guide

If the surname of Nigmos was not only allowed but created by the devs in Sims 2, then we should be able to have it again in Sims 4. It's really annoying to have to change Ophelia's last name to Nimos because the filter throws a tantrum about it.

Message 45 of 433 (4,015 Views)

Hero

I can see a bit where that one comes from though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 433 (4,012 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My nephew made a character that was called Spiderman as surname. Was not allowed ^^

Message 47 of 433 (3,969 Views)

★ Guide

"Fukui" is apparently a disallowed word. I made a bi-racial sim who has a double surname, one being Japanese (that I found on Google). Game gave me a warning. I tested the name and both the surnames, and "Fukui" is the culprit. :-/

Message 48 of 433 (3,956 Views)

Hero

I can kinda see where that one is coming from though Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 433 (3,953 Views)

★ Guide

Because of "fuk"? I suppose, but many Japanese surnames (and likely some other non-Japanese surnames) have "fuk" somewhere in there.

Message 50 of 433 (3,951 Views)