Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

by Aminettaceelof

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Titania Summerdream from the Sims 2. If it's good enough for Shakespeare, it's good enough for us.

Message 31 of 433 (4,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pamodu Ceesay and Linda Löfström... Don't even know wich of them were not allowed...

Message 32 of 433 (4,498 Views)

Censored words that arn't bad (fix ever?)

★★ Novice

I have a family that I always use in sims (Spade)

Like Jacob Spade, Emily Spade

and now my favorite family can't be shared because it's not allowed?

EA said they would do something but I haven't seen a change. Anyone know if EA is going to fix problems with

Message 33 of 433 (4,413 Views)

Re: Censored words that arn't bad (fix ever?)

Hero

@Hollowkira Only EA would know this.

They did fix one problem with the last patch (there was something in the patch notes) so they are doing something against it. Other than that, I really don't know, sorry. Maybe try a guru on twitter or post on the wall of one or use the Ask A Guru thread (every Tuesday)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 433 (4,409 Views)

What is wrong with this link?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I was trying to upload one of my rooms to the gallery and add the link to my blog the room is on in the description field but the silly thing kept telling me there is a bad word in the link. This is the link: https://wolfeyessims4.wordpress.com/2015/03/12/lh3-master-bedroom/

Now if it's the word master that is the problem I have to wonder why since it is a term used in referring to the main bedroom of a family home that the parents use. Other than the word master I don't see what the problem is. This is the first time I have had a link to my blog refused by the Gallery.

I was able to upload the room using the word "master" in the title (LH3 Master Bedroom) so why not in the link? I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for consistency. If it was just a glitch, no biggie. I've always used the term "master bedroom" to indicate just that, a master bedroom. In the link the term is hyphenated which has me puzzled as to why it was refused since all the other links I've put in the descriptions have hyphenated words.

Prior to trying to upload that master bedroom I had uploaded 29 lots and rooms using direct links to the posts on the blog without any issues at all. In fact the very first thing I uploaded was a bedroom, so it couldn't be bed or room or bedroom. Nothing is misspelled as I copy the link and then paste it AFTER I have double checked to be sure the link is working.

I don't see why lh3 (LH3) would have caused the rejection. All the other words in the link have been used in other links before without any issues. If the Gallery is reading it as the upper case "i" instead of the lower-case "L" then the issue is with the Gallery and not the link. 

Message 35 of 433 (4,395 Views)

Re: What is wrong with this link?

Hero

Have you tried changing some of the words to see what it's refusing ? (you can always delete the lot afterwards).

Can you load it to you library or does that not work either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 433 (4,386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's the link that I put in the description box that is being rejected. I would have to change the link on the blog to change any of the words. The only "words' being used that are different from any of the links I have used successfully are "master-bedroom". The hyphen is put there by WordPress. After my attempts to upload the LH3 Master Bedroom with the link I posted above I was able to upload 2 other rooms using "lh3" (LH3) in the link so the "lh3"  is not the issue.

It is in my Library. I was able (as stated above) to upload to the Gallery using the title "LH3 Master Bedroom" and putting "Look for LH3 Master Bedroom at https://wolfeyessims4.wordpress.com/ " in the description field.

After eliminating the obvious and every thing else, it leaves one word that is causing the problem and that word is "master" in the link itself.

Message 37 of 433 (4,382 Views)

Hero

Seems weird, doesn't really sound like a filter problem as such. Unfortunately, it's not something I can really help with since I have no insight in the filter itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 433 (4,377 Views)

Re: Censored words that arn't bad (fix ever?)

Community Manager (retired)

The word filter is the one used EA wide, so there is little we can do at this time.

while we investigate putting our custom word filter, you would have to work around this.

Thanks

Message 39 of 433 (4,373 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

i don't think it is a filter problem either. I just tested the word Master or master on an upload and it uploaded just fine.

Message 40 of 433 (4,372 Views)