Re: [Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words

by SPARKLEPIXIE

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I was making a recreation of the Specter Family from the Sims 2, and I couldn't upload because Ophelia's last name was Nigmos, which is disallowed, I can't use a last name that was in a pervious generation of the Sims?!

Message 21 of 433 (6,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, one of the second gen sims in my current family is named after an Ancient Chinese warrior.  His name is Yoshitune, which is a perfectly legitimate name.  I know why it's not allowed, because it has a swear word in it... but isn't the filter a bit much there?

Message 22 of 433 (6,314 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had a girl named Pippi (after Pippi Longstocking). The family had a disallowed word until I named her "Poppy"

Message 23 of 433 (6,306 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also have a problem with a word.  When I attempted to enter Master Bedroom, I received a message this word was not allowed.  So I entered MBedroom, or MB.  Thanks

Message 24 of 433 (6,302 Views)

★ Apprentice

Linking to modthesims2.com is blocked by the main EA forum. I'm guessing this is due to a mix-up with modthesims.com (which is a "reported attack page" according to Firefox, and is not related to the actual sim modding site in any way).

Already PMed GuruBChick about it (since I wasn't able to find this thread) but thought I should file a proper report for good measure.

Message 25 of 433 (6,226 Views)

★★ Novice

My surname has the word "kunt" in it. Come on, if it was with a c I'd kind of understand why the name is disallowed. But the thing is I've never even thought about my surname sounding wrong until now. Though there is the fact that my mothertongue is not English, so... Still that does explain why some english speaking people have laughed at my surname. ^^' 

Message 26 of 433 (6,177 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was describing the furnishings of a 1970s type room. It has orange shag carpeting. Shag was disallowed....seriously? shag carpeting?

Message 27 of 433 (6,170 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

BlackLe is disallowed for some reason.

BlackLe is a CC creator, I was trying to link to her blog for a sweater I used on a sim.

Message 28 of 433 (6,129 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Japanese name "Fuuka" is disallowed. It's the name of a character from Persona 3.

Message 29 of 433 (6,109 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm certain this isn't unjustified, but is there any way I can use D*ck instead of Richard? It's blocked for obvious reasons (because immature people will abuse their freedom), but it'd still be nice. Richard just doesn't fit this sim.

Message 30 of 433 (6,091 Views)