Re: Disallowed words Sims 4

by Montay5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Unjustified disallowed words

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post all words which are unjustified disallowed by the filter in here.

I won't be answering anything but this thread is monitored by EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 433 (28,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has now been locked- to provide further feedback on blocked words, please see the thread here and report any content through the linked Gallery Profanity Filter Feedback Survey.

Thank you! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 433 of 433 (2,030 Views)

All Replies

Disallowed words Sims 4

★ Newbie

I downloaded the Sims 4 demo and me and my fiance were having a giggle making our characters until we tried to save, you see, his surname is Cox. It wouldnt let us save because it was a "disallowed word"... SERIOUSLY EA?!?!

Cox is actually a pretty common surname. What is going on?

Message 1 of 433 (27,657 Views)

Hero (Retired)

That is a little silly i would admit...

Try posting this in the Sims forums here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

Message 2 of 433 (27,652 Views)

Hero

The filters are really bad, both in the forums and the Demo. Been reported in the bug thread. Feel free to post there too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 433 (27,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My last name really is cox and I was making a character based on myself and I can't save it because for some reason a game company cares whether someone even makes a dirty joke out of a name. They should back off and let us do what we want, but the irony is I was trying to see how well I could create myself in the game.

Message 4 of 433 (27,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems either Nigel or Howell is a disallowed word because it won't upload to the gallery. Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 5 of 433 (27,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Nigel could be bad. Try changing that.

Could you guys try if the forums censor the same words. I wonder if they are connected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 433 (27,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict  i made a sim and named him Nigel Wright i got the disllowed as soon as i changed Nigel to Nelson i was allowed to share

edit to add the female version of Nigel is also disallowed *sakes head and sighs*

Message 7 of 433 (27,600 Views)

surname in sims 4

★★★ Newbie
Hi guys, I have used my surname as my families name in your game but it won't allow my to share them as it thinks its a swear word.. lol.
Can you please fix this. My surname is Schilt.
Message 8 of 433 (27,753 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

Hero

@Cudd1z Made a thread for those. Merged you in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 433 (27,740 Views)