Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by H0ney16

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I used the word "Lesbos" in a description and apparently it isn't allowed...it's literally a place, it's an island in Greece

Message 361 of 433 (1,244 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I just posted my house edit, I couldn't figure out the disallowed word... It was DLC. I tried to say "..from the Spellcasters DLC", and it was blocked.

Message 362 of 433 (1,233 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I made a household recently, and I couldn't include "Hugh's" in the description, had to use "His" instead. Like, how can a possessive 'Hugh' be bad Wondering

Message 363 of 433 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Muffet is banned. i'm doing an underswap story and when i went to save Muffet, the game gave me a warning

Message 364 of 433 (1,074 Views)

Re: [Please post here] Disallowed words

★★★ Newbie

i know this is a very late reply but spade used to be a slur so that could be why

Message 365 of 433 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I swear Feb is a disallowed word. I was literally only writing that it was first created on February. Apparently we're not allowed to mention months now.

Message 366 of 433 (984 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My Sim met an NPC (I believe from Mt. K??) and I swear he had on every item known to CAS. I spent so much time making him over and when I went to save him, I couldn't because the GAME-ASSIGNED-SURNAME wasn't allowed. It wasn't a name like Cox, but I remember that whatever was deemed inappropriate was like three or four letters IN the name. I was so mad. LOL

Message 367 of 433 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I attempted to upload a family to the gallery of me and my Fiancé. I was unable to share to the gallery because it included "Jewish-Muslim". After a thorough check, it's come to my attention that "Jewish/Muslim" and "Jew" (all of these words/combos should NOT be banned), while other religious combinations, as well as actually inappropriate words such as "murder", "terrorist", and "Islamist" are not banned. The assumption was EA wants to avoid talk of the I/P conflict, but "Israel", "Palestine", "Israel Palestine", "Israeli", and "Israel-Palestine" or "Israel/Palestine" are not banned.

This is extremely Islamophobic and antisemitic. I'm going through various channels to try and report this.

Jews and Muslims already lack the representation other religions and cultures have within the game. The hijab-compliant clothing is severely lacking, and both Jewish and Muslim simmers have extreme difficulty creating ourselves in-game. There has been a big push on Sims Twitter for more Tzniut and Hijab-compliant clothing, including undershirts in the gloves tab which are available in "hot weather" clothing tab, more hijab styles, more modest clothing in general, as well as Jewish foods and other cultural items which we lack.

It is extremely important to the Jewish/Muslim community that this oversight be fixed, and quickly. Several simmers are already boycotting the game until this is fixed, and more representation given. You can find my posts about this on twitter: @RivkaZee

PLEASE work with Jewish and Muslim simmers and help us to be able to be represented in-game the same way Hindu/Desi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian simmers are able to do so.

I do have screenshots of my research on the gallery's banned words. People are also requesting an updated list of what words are banned and why, if actual humans are not moderating the gallery.

Banned words/combos:
- Jewish/Muslim
- Jewish-Muslim
- Jew

Not banned:
- Jewish
- Muslim
- Jewish Muslim
- Israel
- Israeli
- Palestine
- Israel-Palestine
- Israel/Palestine
- Christian
- Christian-Muslim
- Hindu
- Sikh
- Wicca
- Pagan

- Murder
- Muslim murder
- Terrorist
- Islamist

Message 368 of 433 (919 Views)

★ Guide

My sims cat is named Cailleach. it's a hag type being from Scottish folklore/mythology. apparently Not Allowed.

Message 369 of 433 (895 Views)

★★ Pro

So the names of a family consisting of an elder sim and her daughter and their description include these words and characters:

Koharu

Sayako

Fukuda

Mom

&

Daughter

Which one is the disallowed one? That's all the text there is at this point and the family cannot be shared to the gallery.

EA folks, do you consider actual Japanese names as disallowed words? That's rude af.

Message 370 of 433 (814 Views)