Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words

by InternWaffle

Original Post

★ Novice

I couldn’t use “spleen” in my username for some reason. Also, I just edited a household from the gallery and all I did in terms of names and descriptions and stuff was change all last names to a period (which I do a lot) and delete the description but it inexplicably flagged something in there as disallowed, even though I got it from the freaking gallery.

Message 351 of 433 (835 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't know if anything can be done about this one, but I just edited a game-generated NPC with the last name of Yamashita and before I could save the changes I made I received the warning about not being able to upload to the gallery due to a disallowed word.

I would think if a certain combination of letters is disallowed that the game wouldn't generate NPCs with that combination included in their names, but what do I know.

Message 352 of 433 (772 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The first time that I was caught by the filter: " n i g i r i " is still banned (for having a derogatory prefix), despite being a name for a Japanese dish with fish. Even the game uses it in many places, yet it is banned when trying to name a sim with the word.

Message 353 of 433 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Rapinoe (as in the US soccer player). No idea why this would be banned?

Message 354 of 433 (717 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@toonarmynick After a bit of trial and error I discovered the banned word is R A P I N
Message 355 of 433 (702 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't even KNOW which word was disallowed - there were NO BAD WORDS IN MY DESCRIPTION - and the description is what was highlighted - I deleted each sentence one by one and the only thing I was allowed to write was the Pose credit. Please I hope you are all working on this - it's ridiculous that ppl can post words like 'pimp' and 'sexy' and 'hot' but I can't post this sim b/c of some stupid glitch.

Message 356 of 433 (669 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok, seriously, EA, needs to fix this. Punctuation is, after all, part of our language. Thanks, for this forum showing me he'll, is not an acceptable word. Secondly, wth! Hell is not an acceptable word? It's the description of an evil place that 1/2 the planet doesn't even believe in, and this game is rife with sexual innuendo, aberrant behaviors, and evil characters so that doesn't even make sense! EA, make your content sensor recognize actual surnames and contractions.
Message 357 of 433 (621 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I don't know if even a single person in this thread is aware of this but someone at EA didn't sit down and write down words they don't like to make these filters. Content filters exist and are simply used as-is. They are a simple list of potentially offensive words or parts of words that could be used offensively or to circumvent genuine filters.

Nobody said "I HATE the word hell! I'll make sure nobody can say it!" and nobody said "Yeah our game has Nigiri in it, but we won't allow you to use the same word just in case". Obviously a content filter does not apply to the game's script.

Message 358 of 433 (610 Views)

Several of the game's lots in the Finnish translation are considered naughty bad rude by the gallery.

I have no idea what is is about, something about the way the Finnish language works seems to be very offensive to the gallery.

I can even go in and  make a list if that would be helpful. 

Message 359 of 433 (586 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did sextuplet challenge and it says disallowed words Frown I mean... it's the official English term for 6 people being born at the same time, right? I understand that the first 3 letters are... but sextuplet is not vulgar and there are some challenges using the term.

Message 360 of 433 (562 Views)