[COLLECTION THREAD] Translation and Text Errors with Simplified Chinese

by crinrict

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Translation and Text Errors with Simplified Chinese

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post any text and translation errors with the Simplified Chinese Version in here

Make sure to include a picture of the error. Best is if you encircle the error for best visualization.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 5 (1,773 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Translation and Text Errors with Simplified Chinese

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for creating this thread! I will start with a few:

Seasons: the translation for "Summer" says "防水的模拟市民在雨中也不会淋湿。" (the sims with the waterproof trait will not get wet in the rain.) It should be "夏季".

Bug 2.jpg

University: the translation for "degree" is "度" (temperature degree), it should be "学位".

1.jpg

The translation of "Fine Arts" degree says "美术" (drawing), it should be“艺术”.

1.jpg

Parenthood: "Tuck in" says "哄入睡" (put ... to sleep), it should be "掖被子".

2.jpg

CAS: "match hair" is translated as "对应发型", it should be "对应发色“.

1.jpg

To trim the bush was translated as "造型", while it should be "修剪".

1.jpg

Aspiration: the "fortune" is translated as "幸运", it should be "财富".

2.jpg

University: the "experiment" at robot workstation is translated as "机器工作站修理工", while it should be "做实验".

1.jpg

Realm of Magic: the notification for ingredients saved when making potions have a weird format. It should be: "Sim Name在制作Potion Name时节省了以下原料: -Ingredient 1; -Ingredient 2..."

1.jpg

Flower arranging: the "ingredients" was translated to "食材" (food ingredients), while it should be “材料”.

1.jpg

I will keep adding to the list as I play!

Cheers

Yuki

Message 2 of 5 (1,735 Views)

Simplified Chinese translation error

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Simplified Chinese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By Opening the sims panel in Simplified Chinese.
What happens when the bug occurs? The wrong translation, which can cause misunderstanding.
What do you expect to see? Fix the translation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm now reporting a translation error in Simplified Chinese.

Atfer graduated from a university, you shall get a certain degree. But in Simplified Chinese translation sims panel, the meaning is wrong, which causes misunderstanding.

The degree should be translated into ‘学位’, rather than ‘度’, ‘度’ is a unit of measure.

Please correct it, thanks! 

Message 3 of 5 (1,671 Views)

Re: Simplified Chinese translation error

Hero
@lonelyarvo I merged your post with the simplified Chinese collection thread.

Thanks or the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,632 Views)

"Summer" is wrongly replaced by a sentence(Text error in simplified Chinese)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Simplified Chinese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check any summer plants in the Sims'/people inventory. And when season changes to summer, it pop up a text and icon to remind players of weather changes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The place of "夏季" shows that "防水的模拟市民在雨中也不会淋湿", It's some kind of text error。
What do you expect to see? Replace “防水的模拟市民在雨中也不会淋湿” to "夏季"(In the place that should be "summer")。
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This annoying problem has existed in the game for a long time, but no one seems to have reported it so far. I hope it can be fixed=P.

Message 5 of 5 (1,007 Views)