[COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Emelia91

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Would you be happy to supply your save game as per the instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

This way we can investigate the issue further. Can you also confirm which pack you own in case this is impacting what is occurring? 

Thank you for any information you can provide. 

Message 80 of 169 (931 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Emelia91

Is this still occurring? Would you be happy to provide your save?  The instruction on how to upload a save are here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

Message 81 of 169 (965 Views)

Possible employees nearly always have negative traits

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up a business and try to hire a sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to hire employees for my vet clinic, an average of 5 out of 6 sims have very negative traits like evil or mean.
What do you expect to see? A more diverse and realistic set of employees to pick from.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I try to hire employees for my vet clinic, an average of 5 out of 6 sims have very negative traits like evil or mean. Finding a sim that has only traits that are less negative, neutral or positive, is a rare exception. I wouldn't want an evil or mean vet to treat my real life pets, so I don't want to hire any in game either. After reporting it on the forum I got a reply saying it happened in restaurants too! I get that in real life you get all types of people in your business including the lesser nice ones, but IMHO the balance is completely off here.

Message 82 of 169 (991 Views)

Re: Possible employees nearly always have negative traits

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @AlHollandiyah

We were unable to reproduce your issue.

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Also, which exactly negative traits are the sims getting? 

Thank you very much!

Message 83 of 169 (940 Views)

★★ Guide

I have mainly been checking female employees for the purpose of my game at this point, and 5 out of every 6 had a trait like evil, insane, hotheaded or childish. With the first 2 (evil / insane) being WAY too common. I wanted to upload my save here but it says "Unsupported extension type" wether the original save file or a zip. I don't have onedrive and you don't accept files any other way, so I'm not sure how to proceed. By the way I check the traits of said sims with "show sim info" which changes nothing about the game other then having an way to find out stuff about existing sims.

Message 84 of 169 (931 Views)

Hero
Just follow instructions in the link given above to share your save.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 169 (923 Views)

★★ Guide

Quote:

1. Direct attachment (only for text files)
    • You can attach a text file directly to a forum post.
  2. Upload with a OneDrive account
    • How to share files from OneDrive: LINK
    • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.

We may not accept files uploaded with any other means.

As I mentioned above Option 1 doesn't work because it doesn't accept either zipped or unzipped saves and option 2 because I don't have a onedrive account. And other methods / upload sites arent accepted. So I think I ran out of options here.

Message 86 of 169 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Can you upload it to any other site ? I can download and reupload to OneDrive for QA.

Direct upload is for txt files only as mentioned.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 169 (913 Views)

★★ Guide

Here it is. Thanks!

https://ufile.io/a7k2l

Message 88 of 169 (906 Views)

Hero
I've forwarded. Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 169 (899 Views)