[COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: I'm having trouble with the satellite

★★★★ Guide

sir have you had any luck with the abductions I haven't and three of my sims are scientist and they are all good friends with aliens and they live in the same house @SimGuruNick

Message 70 of 169 (909 Views)

All Male Babies

★★ Novice

I have had the game for about 5 months. I've had babies with 5 different families, all being boys. About 8 babies total. Starting a new family every time I want to have a female child adds hours to the interactions that I want to create. I've read that this issue has been "fixed", those that have had this issue in the past, how was it fixed?

Message 71 of 169 (1,042 Views)

Re: All Male Babies

★★★★★ Apprentice

There's now a way to influence the gender of the baby whilst the sim is pregnant.

For a boy, eat carrots and listen to alternative music.

For a girl, eat strawberries and listen to pop music.

I know I said and, but just the music or food on its own should work.

Message 72 of 169 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Guide

Does complaining about poor townie randomization fall under this? Wink 

That is my major complaint of the hour, my game is obsessed with generating townies with Asian names ever since CL... Every other Sim is named Mizuki or Shingo. In addition to this annoyance, my game is also stuck on using the same two hairstyles over and over on every Sim it generates, and as far as clothing goes it only wants to use the CL cultural clothes most of the time. Sims born in game to Inactives don't have this problem, they have decent name and clothing variety as they age up. But nearly every time my game generates a new townie, they fit the mold of what I described above.

is there some way to reset the randomizer or something?  It's getting dull to constantly edit and rename townies just so I can have some variety. 

Message 73 of 169 (997 Views)

Hero

That actually has it's own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Game-generated-townies-are-all-same-household-struct...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 169 (985 Views)

ONLY GIRLS

★★★ Newbie
I have had 8 births and of those 8 all were girls and 3 of the babies are a set of triplets. Just thought it was really weird that I am not getting any boys!
Message 75 of 169 (954 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

★★ Novice

I finally gave in and started playing #4 after not playing since 3. I only have the base and parents installed. I decided to start out making my male sim populate the town, having as many kids as possible. Then I decided, it's going well so lets install Parents. 1. None of the babies end up with his last name. They all take the mom's name or her husbands name if she's married. and The main issue. 98% of births are twins or triplets. It's so extremely rare to have a single baby that I don't even expect it anymore, and it's made the game less fun.

For example Single Partner #1 had twins then triplets, then twins. Single Partner #2: Triplets, triplets, twins.  Married Partner: twins, triplets, single (probably because the game forced it)

Since the object of my challenge is to try for baby as many times as possible there were twins and triplets everywhere. Once I moved on to a single married family, the mom had twins twice and then I decided I wouldn't try again.

Why does this happen? I can see there were issues a year or so ago that might have been patched? but I only got the game a couple weeks ago.

We probably can't talk about mods, but since we're not I won't insinuate at all that I'd be interested in something to fix it.

Message 76 of 169 (866 Views)

Hero

Does your Sim have a fertility trait or does the lot have one ? There's several ways to increase chances for having twins.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 169 (865 Views)

★★ Novice

There are multiple different moms and lots and no fertility trait. Just lots and lots of multiples.

Message 78 of 169 (838 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 169 (832 Views)