[COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

★★ Guide

from the past 5 pregnancies in my game, only twins were born. Not using cc, mod, or on the leyline trait. :c

Message 161 of 169 (975 Views)

Sims 4 mermaid sims only have girl babies.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, toddler stuff, realm of magic, cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ???
What happens when the bug occurs? My female sims only give birth to girls.
What do you expect to see? At least one of my mermaid sims have a boy 🙃
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’ve had multiple mermaid sims, I’ve made Ariel and Eric from Disney which I always want them to have a girl first for Melody. But every single mermaid woman I’ve ever made only has girl babies. Is this a known thing? Does it happen to anybody else? I usually have to use a cheat to turn my toddler into a male to get a boy 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 162 of 169 (939 Views)

Rif.: Sims 4 mermaid sims only have girl babies.

★★★★★ Expert
@YourgirlPaige54 To conceive a boy, make your pregnant sim eat lots of carrots during their pregnancy and listen to alternative music whenever able to do it.
Message 163 of 169 (895 Views)

★★★★ Expert

So, I complained about this over in General Feedback, but I never officially complained here.

If you don't have an alien in your household, you never get abducted unless you're a scientist or spend a couple of hours searching for the truth, and might never see an alien or realize they're even in your game.

If you DO have an alien in your household, the game apparently decides to do a hostile alien takeover where every single YA or older male in the household must be abducted and impregnanted, also their adult children who've moved out, etc., YOUR ENTIRE SAVE MUST BE POPULATED ENTIRELY BY ALIENS! I used MCCC to terminate alien pregnancies left and right.

Message 164 of 169 (816 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I'm back with more BAD RANDOMIZER, NO BISCUIT!  Wink

What is UP with the game's obsession with sarongs? Every single male child and teen age-up will include at least one sarong, and it seems to prefer more than one. If my Sim is a merman/merchild and/or lives in Sulani, fine, but not every male child and teen in the world needs to wear a sarong!

Message 165 of 169 (729 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ever since the werewolf pack, I have been seeing a vast uptick in twins and triplets. I don’t think this is the randomizer issue from the base game as I am not the only one who has noticed this in my Facebook group. 

Message 166 of 169 (629 Views)

Hero
@faeriemama Thanks for the report. Keeping an eye out if there's an unusual amount of reports.

Is this just for active Sims or do you also see it for NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 167 of 169 (608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The last three or four times I've had a household have kids they've always had twins. None of my Sims had fertility rewards, no fertility massages, no ley line lot trait, nothing that should have made having twins more likely. It was a different household each time and it doesn't seem to be happening to NPC households.

Message 168 of 169 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I play a rotation of households and while I was going through the teenager years I went to prom 4 times with each household and each time the same two Sims won Jester and Royalty. 

Message 169 of 169 (225 Views)