[COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

by crinrict

Original Post

Only giving birth to baby boys

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try for baby gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims from different saves, different families, absolutely non-related only give birth to BOYS
What do you expect to see? A natural mixture of boys and girls?!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I noticed it occured in the past weeks, so maybe after one of the two latest patches?!

Message 141 of 169 (911 Views)

Re: Only giving birth to baby boys

Hero
@simmy2103 Have you tried influencing the gender ? Does that also not work ?

Merged with the randomizer thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 142 of 169 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yes even with trying to influence the gender. Since I posted this, 5 more baby boys were born. So bizarre and so annoying.

Message 143 of 169 (877 Views)

Hero
@simmy2103 What are you using to influence ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 144 of 169 (867 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Strawberries and Pop Music. No matter what I do, I keep getting boys in all of my games. 

Message 145 of 169 (862 Views)

Having Nothing But Bay Boys

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Lastest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby and you will have nothing but a baby boys I even tried to play a different family same Results
What happens when the bug occurs? You will have a city full of boys
What do you expect to see? To have boys in girls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

PLEASE HELP

Message 146 of 169 (821 Views)

Re: Having Nothing But Bay Boys

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed the same issue, it seems to have started after the June patch. Since then I have had 32 babies in 3 families and there has been one girl. That is it, even trying to influence them to be girls I have only had 1 since the June patch. 

Message 147 of 169 (751 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

★★★★★ Novice

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in?Spanish
How often does the bug occur?Allways(100%
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
What happens when the bug occurs?All my human and mermaids couples have allways mermaids

I started a legacy challenge in a new game. Make my founder with cash history, and it came up a mermaid, she had identical triplets with a human, of course the 3 mermaids, since then (I am now gen 4) all my sims had babies with humans and all of them are mermaids. I'm talking like 23 kids, different mother and fathers. I also make it for my female sim to be able to impregnate her wife, and vicersa, and mermaids as well.

what do you expect to see? More variety

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  Not Sure - It's my first time playing with mermaids but have had the pack since it came out.

Message 148 of 169 (689 Views)

★ Guide

The only bad randomizer example I see in my game is newly created male NPCs, they always have the same hairstyle, so I have to go to 'Manage Households' and edit them.

Message 149 of 169 (651 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sim has only had one girl out of seven children, despite me avoiding alternative music and carrots like the plague (though to be fair I have also avoided pop music and strawberries).

Also, when my Sims age up, sometimes they are wearing very odd clothing choices for swimwear: namely, all varieties of shoes and occasionally a nice shirt. I have mainly noticed this for freshly aged-up toddlers. This was happening before the most recent patch (for Paranormal Stuff) but I don't remember when I first noticed it before that.

Message 150 of 169 (532 Views)