by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Never win wands in duels

Hero
@Costa Merging this with the bad randomizer thread then :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 169 (884 Views)

Can only have one baby at a time

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent? im not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, and Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, maybe by having a lot of kids.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can only get one baby
What do you expect to see? Sometimes I should get multiples
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, I'm kinda new to the game, I've had it for about 3 weeks. But, I'm 99.9% sure this is not normal. I wanted to have a lot of kids with the same mom. I gave birth to one girl, then a boy, then girl twins and then boy twins. After that, I have only been able to have one baby at a time. Iv'e had about 10-15 kids since the second twins. I've seen people have a ton more multiples, and I don't think this is normal. I looked at similar question, but all the answers have been that multiples are rare. But I don't think they should be this rare. I've tried making my sim watch tons of kids tv and listen to kids music. One time I had her do that throughout the majority of her pregnancy. I have also always had the babies at the hospital, including the twins. Can someone please help? I really don't want to regret buying the game.

Message 132 of 169 (844 Views)

Re: Can only have one baby at a time

★★ Apprentice

Hello. I sometimes have the same issue and when doing the 100 baby challenge it can be frustrating. Have you set your lot trait to the "On Ley Line"? It may help you out a little bit. 

Message 133 of 169 (829 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can only have one baby at a time

Hero
@65piglet65_ Merging this with the randomizer thread. It is probably just bad luck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 169 (810 Views)

No alien pregnancy, ever.

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be abducted by an alien
What happens when the bug occurs? I've had my male sim (Mortimer Goth, incidentally) be abducted by aliens probably 10 times. He is a scientist, I contact the aliens regularly, and he has never ever been pregnant. I have spawn saved when the "strange light" shows up and nada. In fact, I've been playing the Sims 4 since 2014 and have nearly 1000 hours and have never had a male alien pregnancy. An aside that may be linked: I've also never had a sim die other than from fire or old age. I tried to starve one for 4 sim weeks and would keep randomly maxing out hunger.
What do you expect to see? A pregnancy once in a while
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 135 of 169 (797 Views)

Re: No alien pregnancy, ever.

Hero
@nucgeekke They are unfortunately very rare still.

I merged your post with the bad randomizer thread. I don't think there's a solution to it that will guarantee you a pregnancy.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 136 of 169 (769 Views)

[XB1] Only special townies wandering in Granite Falls

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? February 12 version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit Granite Falls for one day and look around for other campers
What happens when the bug occurs? Only special townies/npcs (e.g. celebrities, mermaids, tutorial girl and sages) can be found
What do you expect to see? Normal residents from any world (and not just post Seasons)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

first noticed this issue after installing Get Famous (released two months after OR).

Edit: After removing all celebrities, mermaids and sages I finally got my first regular resident (after a few homeless ones). It was Alice Spencer-Kim btw.

Message 137 of 169 (729 Views)

Re: [XB1] Only special townies wandering in Granite Falls

Community Manager (retired)

I'd be curious if anyone else has seen the same thing, you might've just had bad luck. If it's truly only celebs and mermaids in every save and every time you go to Granite Falls then that sounds like a bug, but yeah it could've just been a random coincidence. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 138 of 169 (675 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu I tested this on PC and had other Sim appear. Did you test a second save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 139 of 169 (640 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict I always start a new save. On closer inspection it seems those special townies are just overrepresented (given global demographics).
Message 140 of 169 (636 Views)