Only Giving Birth to Boys

by akl1226

Original Post

Re: Butlers with permanent negative personality traits.

★★★ Apprentice

But those comments are basically implying, there's no issue.

Message 100 of 169 (795 Views)

Re: Butlers with permanent negative personality traits.

Hero
What's your good/bad ratio ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 169 (1,127 Views)

Re: Randomizer is clearly borked / 18 sets of twins

★★★★ Novice
allright i’ve basically had this issue on two different pc’s and am currently having it on the second.. (first one is dead due to old age and needs parts) so somehow my sims only have boys.. strawberries do work but i want it to be a suprise not a thing where when you do nothing you have a boy stat and where you actually have to work for getting a girl and this often results in twins wich i don’t want because i often only have space for one kid so i currently have tried it on several saves and in all 3 my sims keep on having boys.. with the first one they got like 5 boys then two moved out and i decided to use strawberries wich resulted in me getting twin girls.. 2nd save i decided to do a breed out the ugly challenge though the challenge was finished with the first kids wich were twin boys.. then finally my last household wich started out as a big sister challenge with 3 people in the household including big sis who later ended up having a girl with strawberries and after not meddling the second time got a boy there has been one girl without meddling wich is of the boy i had her take care of wich was supposed to be a twin with another girl who actually had two boys.. i tried to get strawberries but because i’ve turned her into a vampire this was hell so i forgot about it after a little while. Though somehow me not being there when the kid was born ended up in giving the brother a girl wich i honestly do not understand at all.. so i hope someone fixes this because it is bothering the heck out of me 😂
Message 102 of 169 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hope this counts as a bad randomizer issue, apologies in advance if it isn't. Anyways, whenever I have a Sim in the doctor career, they always see the exact same patients every day. For me, it's always Baako Jang, Katrina Caliente, Mortimer Goth, and the landlord (if I'm playing in San Myshuno). This keeps happening despite the fact that I usually have a massive pool of townies at any given time. And it gets worse. Even if I've treated these Sims already, if I get a house call, these exact same Sims will be the patients AGAIN!

Message 103 of 169 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

Can you send us the save where you are experiencing this issue? As usual, instructions here.

Thank you very much! 

Message 104 of 169 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

Huh, I just started a new unmodded save and I couldn't get it to happen again. The patients were different the next day. It's been a while since I've played a GTW career, so maybe that's been fixed since then? I'm still going to share the save, however, because it showcases some other randomization problems, namely with townie randomization.

The vast majority of the townies have CL names, with a few repeating. In this save, there are two Trivedi families and two Venkataraman families. Those classic combos can be seen here, too. Japanese/Middle Eastern name and red/blonde hair. In fact, the very first townie, the landlord, was a Japanese Sim with blonde hair (Ayaka Okada). Even some Sims without a Japanese or Middle Eastern name have that one combo that the generator seems to be obsessed with, red/blonde hair and narrow eyes, and red/blonde hair and dark skin. Most of the elder townies, when aged down, have red/blonde hair, most of them with CL names. And, as expected, they just about all have CL and Vampires content. It's as if they're not allowed to wear anything else!

Here's the save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CIGvuUBYcGMJ5GNqYuq-d65KQkVKSFx_

Message 105 of 169 (935 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

★★ Novice

Is it weird to say that I want to have a vampire break into my home and drink my sim's plasma; just for s#@ts and giggles. 

Message 106 of 169 (928 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

★★★★ Guide
you need to start a new save and have all your asleep for this to happen
@DargonGhostart
Message 107 of 169 (884 Views)

Only Giving Birth to Boys

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, parenthood, most stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim have get pregnant and have a baby
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a sim have their baby and they always have boys. I have not had a girl in any save since the seasons patch.
What do you expect to see? I expect this to be more even and for me to occasionally have a girl.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons patch

This is getting very frustrating. I have three saves who all have had in game children. Every single child is a boy. This goes on with and without mods enabled. Like I’m about to edit this baby into a girl when it ages up. I don’t understand why I’m not having girls at all. It shouldn’t be this uneven. I am not sure if it is a true bug but I don’t know what to do. I feel like after having five kids in total in these three saves one of them should have been a girl.

Message 108 of 169 (847 Views)

Re: Only Giving Birth to Boys

Hero

Hi @akl1226

most of the time it's just bad luck. Since your are using mods, it could also be a mods fault.

Have you tried the Eat strawberries and listen to pop music method ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 109 of 169 (840 Views)